Why is there evil

by d0rkyd00d 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Don't know if this has been touched on before, but where did evil originate? Yes, some may answer Satan. But think about this: God created all things, and god is perfect. Why would his creation be imperfect if God is perfect? And how did any sort of evil tendency reside inside of an angel, if God knows no such thing as evil. He wouldn't have the ability to create something with even the slightest tendency to be evil, would he?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good question. I would say evil is in the eye of the beholder, as is beauty. Christians will say god decides. But who has gotten inside gods head to see how he sees? Has anyone here met god, made his aquaintence personally, so to speak?

SS

• siegswife
    siegswife

God 'conceived' evil when He identified it as 'evil'. But remember, He also took the blame for it.

• COMF
    COMF

Anything that is against God's will is evil. For example, when the Israelites were taking the land of Canaan from its owners, they spared some of the children and some of the animals. This was evil, as God wanted them all dead.

COMF

• siegswife
    siegswife

That's true, and I have my own ideas as to what that represents...but how does what Christ represents change that? What's the point of this Story that has so many people engaged, whether they are pro or con?

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Dorky,
    Weird, I have re-contacted my aunt whom I haven't seen since 1985. She is very religious. She and her husband have started three churches in Tyler, TX. As a result of some of her comments to me on religion, Thinker and I were discussing this very subject last Sunday.
    Just makes no sense to me at all. I feel exactly as you mentioned Dood.
    BTW, good to see you again. Haven't seen you for awhile, unless I have just missed your posts!!
    TW

• logical
    logical

is "very good" equal to "perfect"?

• logical
    logical

Satan was not created evil, he was turned evil by the "last enemy", Death. Like Christ is working for God, Satan is working for Death.

• gotcha
    gotcha

evil is not created rather it is an absence..absence of good...

• mommy
    mommy

Dorky
    Great to see ya, it has been awhile, I miss you, you nut First I don't like the term "evil" I don't think there is a clear enough definition of that word to use it satisfactorily to all. What one person may deem evil is not evil to another, and supposedly "evil" is the worst kind of bad right?

Actually there was a Bible Student in chat the other night who claimed it was "evil" to believe in hell and the trinity. And he even said it was okay to hate those who had those beliefs. So, that just proves the point that evil is more of a personal definition.

As far as how did things get here, well in the beginning god created everything, well that is what christians believe. How they can take the bad and say that didn't come from him as well, just does not make sense to me.

I cannot imagine some of the gross acts I hear commited today. My mind just never thought of some of the ways men will kill another. You would think that those types of ideas, and thoughts came from somewhere right?

Anyway, more later, I need to wake up...lol
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit