Why is there evil

by d0rkyd00d 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>How they can take the bad and say that didn't come from him as well,<<

So, just because THERE IS evil, means God is the source of evil?

How so?

• mommy
    mommy
    As far as how did things get here, well in the beginning god created everything, well that is what christians believe. How they can take the bad and say that didn't come from him as well, just does not make sense to me.

wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• logical
    logical

Evil comes from Death, who is a being. Just as JAH is the source of life, His enemy Death is the source of Death, who Adam wanted to "know", who Satan turned to and is now his right hand man.

Ultimately, the idea is to love one another, and not do stuff to hurt people, thats as basic as it gets. Evil is causing others pain.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>well in the beginning god created everything,<<

What is meant by "everything?" All living things.

Did He predestine some living things to be evil?

Where does it say God created evil? I am sure you know it isn't written. Rather it says He hates evil. So, if God created evil, then God is evil and...

God hates Himself over something He in fact is and created?

I believe this train of logic is flawed.

• teejay
    teejay

Hello again, d0rky. What choo been doin' man? Living a life? Good for you, young man! Good for you.

Cosmically, I think evil, strangely, comes right close to the place from where good comes. If there was a way to locate it by performing an operation, it might be scary to see just how close they are at their origins.

It might sound corny, but I think the Star Wars movie series captured it very well. I forget the episode, but it was when Darth Vader met his son, just before they battled. You saw in an instant how Vader came to be. Quite simply, he chose. Early in his life he'd come to a fork in the road and decided to turn left. After that, it was all downhill.

Like telling a lie to stay out of trouble... or get out of trouble. Often, you have to keep telling lies to support the first one. I wouldn't know this personally, of course, but I've heard things... I've heard things.

Evil is the same. Evil is the product of people choosing to be that way – do those things. So is good, except like Scott Peck said in People of the Lie, it's easier - more natural - to be evil. That's because despite the order in the universe, material systems and organisms generally tend to spin out of control toward disorder and chaos. The human organism is no different.
    Class dismissed.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

dunno why there's evil, but here's an explanation for death & grief:

. http://the-lesser-evil.org/radio

click on file name chefs god lecture.mp3

• mommy
    mommy

What is meant by everything? Ummm...everything.

Did He predestine some living things to be evil? Since I personally do not believe in god, I cannot give an opinion on this question.

Where does it say God created evil? I am sure you know it isn't written. Rather it says He hates evil. Now we go back to my original thought, there is no clear definition of the the word evil. I think that some of the things the god of the bible did were pretty evil. Killing innocent people because they had inhabited a land before his chosen ones did, is but one example, I am sure I can find plenty more for you.

So, if God created evil, then God is evil and... Well, I guess that is my point

God hates Himself over something He in fact is and created? Kinda scary when you think about it huh?

I believe this train of logic is flawed. Well, everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Have a good day. Oh and Merry Christmas
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>Now we go back to my original thought, there is no clear definition of the the word evil.<<

I believe there is. Go against anything that God says. That's evil. The proof is in Eden. As simple as DO NOT EAT. Gone against. Death.

The one who gives the life can demand how the life should be used.

>>I think that some of the things the god of the bible did were pretty evil.<<

So, you believe the God who gives life has no right to demand how those lives are to be used? You think it is OK for a life God gave to turn around and give God the finger, and God has no right in making people accountable?

What came first, the evil of people or the action of a God punishing their evil actions? There was always reason for the eliminating of life. If it were foreknown to a aprent evil doer that the true God would demand their own life and their children's lives for debased corrupted lives, and yet they disregard that fact, is it God's fault for executing judgment on the decision the parents made?

Also, all men from Adam forward are in inherited sin, so even if there were not these parental circustances involved, God still has justification in eliminating ALL men, regardless of age, because they are all far removed from Him in defilement.

But for someone like you, that is meaningless, because I'm sure you do not believe in the concept of inherited sin.

>>Killing innocent people because they had inhabited a land before his chosen ones did, is but one example, I am sure I can find plenty more for you.<<

No one is innocent. From birth we are all bound to guilt. Those who admit they are bound over in sin can become freed from it. Those who do not admit they are bound to it, are slaves to it.

>>So, if God created evil, then God is evil and... Well, I guess that is my point<<

Suppose God NEVER knew evil in any way shape or form until the first act of defiance? Suppose a God of LOVE could not even fathom or understand even the slightest seed of a thought of a creature he gave life to, to rebel in a violent act of defiance?

>>God hates Himself over something He in fact is and created? Kinda scary when you think about it huh?<<

Well, I think of it like the above. Evil was NEW to God, when Satan acted in defiance. Now that's even scarier.

>>I believe this train of logic is flawed. Well, everyone has their right to their own opinion.<<

Yes they do.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>Have a good day. Oh and Merry Christmas
    wendy<<

Thank you. I LOVE Christmas. Same to you.

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Thanks for the welcome backs. :) I think the topic kinda got off track for some of you though. I'm not completely oblivious, i do know that evil exists. I'm wondering why a perfect being who's creation was originally perfect could be flawed in that they had even the potential of going from good to bad, like Satan did. Satan was a perfect angel, incapable of hate, just as God is. So how'd Satan even have the emotional capacity for jealousy or greed if God knew no such things, therefore being unable to create anything with these emotions? Or is God so powerful that he creates things not knowing their full capabilities? Or can God make a rock so big that he can't pick it up? Wait a second......

"No cool quote yet. but i'll think of one soon."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit