Valentines' day stuff out already!

by LouBelle 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I've barely gotten over christmas, new year and 3 birthdays in a row. And bam! There is bloody valentine stuff already on the shelves. Huge lovey dovey cards displayed, teddy bears, boxes of chocolate - I really can't believe it.

I must say last year I was fortunate enough to get 2 bunches of red roses with cards - still don't know who sent the one. Obviously didn't impress that admirer too much as I'm still single. This year I doubt I'll get anything - it's been a very dry spell and I don't see 'love' on the horizon in the next month , I think for the 14th, I'll round up the single girls and hit the clubs.

So do ya'll celebrate this pagan festival & if so how

S P R E A D the love

Oh and just incase someone here wants to share some love with me - do not share chocolates - I'm on diet!

• oompa
    oompa

LouBelle........you gotta be foolin yaself!......first (((((((((((((((LOUBELLE)))))))))))).........then......................and thanks girl.....i know you get it.....................oompa

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I have no admirers who send me cards, gifts, chocolates, etc. I'll probably spend the night at home watching TV and playing with my bird.

W

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'll probably spend the night at home watching TV and playing with my bird.

Nothing like a happy bird.

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

Shortly to be followed by the Saint Pat's stuff.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Heart-shaped wreath out of red silk roses....a few other decorations like that....don't put them out until a few weeks before....or it's overkill IMO.

We usually go out to a decadent dinner somewhere and exchange mushy cards. That's if the roads are safe.

When I was single (post-jw), I'd sequester myself indoors. It really bothered me--one more thing I wasn't able to celebrate, blah blah blah.

I even tried doing a novena to St. Valentine; the last day of it, I met my husband. I'm certain it was God answering the prayer. After all, he answered all my other prayers about things much more important than dating.....not.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hubby had to run out to the village pharmacy and came back to tell me how the shelves were filled with Valentine's stuff and all the displays were everywhere. We feel the same way.....that we are all shopped out (and tapped out $) and still eating Whitman's Sampler chocolates one of our son's gave each of us a box for Christmas.

I LOVE the holidays and I am not a "bah humbug" kind of person.....but I am just not ready to think about another holiday quite so soon.

hugs

Annie

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am just not ready to think about another holiday quite so soon.

Agreed. I think they should be spaced out much more evenly through the year. You will like this plan I'm sure, because the weather would be better for us here in the tundra.

Halloween-Friday in mid-September

Thanksgiving-Monday in end of October, with Veteran's Day falling in the same week. Being thankful and appreciating the vets are a good match. Maybe if people had more time off at once, they'd attend "thank vets" community events more. Plus this would lengthen the Xmas shopping season.

Xmas-keep as is

New Year's - early February

Valentine's - early March on a Tuesday, same week as President's Day to make a longer weekend

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I hear your pain ...I work in a gift store and do alot of the display work .Today was put all the Valentine Decor out .

I hate it when our store has Halloween ,Thanksgiving and Christmas out at the same time at the end of October first of November .

• yknot
    yknot

LOL our Walmart had the items out on the 'seasonal' aisle and ready to go Dec 26th ! ! !

Naw... we don't celebrate it ......well actually we do sorta (JW style of course)..... when it is all on 75% clearance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit