I Love You......Life

by DannyBear 63 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Guinness, making mad love to my wife, quiet evenings reading a book, Saturday mornings slept in instead of frozen out, you guys (only to a point, I'm not obsessed, really) Scotland, cats, (Fred Hall included), MOVIES!!!, Star Wars, poetry, Guinness, and just living itself is a reason to live, and enjoy it.

ashi

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Zazu Zasu Zasu,

What a gem of expressed remembrances and joys!

I was hoping someone would comment on memories of 'smells'. Your comments brought back a not forgotten one of mine.

During my childhood my mother used the old style wringer washer's, you know the ones that had the two roller ringer, placed above the opening of the washer. When the rinse cycle was done, she ran the clothes through the wringer, and it was my job to take the still damp clothes outside to the 'clothe's line' and hang them with little wooden hangar's. For those who do not remember these, they were exactly like the the little 'clotheshanger tree ornaments' you still see today. Usually depicting a reindeer.

The smell of those sheets whipping in the breeze, wet socks, and my first exposure to female undergarments, is burned into my senses forever.

Leaf burning...yes. How about the smell of oak or other hardwood fireplace chimney's puffing, mixed with the fresh air of a snowy day?

Instead of replying to your post, Iam making one of my own. Sorry.

***The true 'goodness' of our children raised outside the Tower.***

Did you ever really think it could be done. For the first few year's after leaving, I consoled myself, that my daughter's were better off, with any religious guidance...aaakkkk even the jw's. Well I was wrong.
    They are both cemented deep in the pile, I hope someday they make a break. Be ever so happy to make the above claim!

Thanks for your contributing to this thread. I have read all the comments several times now...and enyoy it more each time.

Danny

• Angharad
    Angharad

Fantastic thread Danny

Have to add - seeing my little boy join in his first christmas concert, looking so little and cute up on the stage wearing his costume and singing, really enjoying himself being a normal kid.

(((Zazu))) You made me cry, that was so sweet, I love our chats too they really cheer up my day. Thanks so much for your support during our hassles, thanks for listening to me moan but most thanks for your friendship

• Angharad
    Angharad

Outlaw

I cant wait for christmas, we've got all the kids presents wrapped up, I just want them to have them and watch them open them.

Another one

Seeing the kids faces light up when they came downstairs in the morning and seeing the chritmas decorations we had put up while they were in bed

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Angharad,

These expression's have just made my day. Thanks for yours.

Your comment to Outlaw about Christmas morning is so true. When my lady's mom was still alive(she died five years ago)she carried that tradition almost to the end. She made all us kid's(most of us in our thirties and forties)go to bed, reminding us that no one was allowed out of the bedroom's until morning.

She kept an entire empty closet to hide gifts. We went to bed with alot of gifts under the tree, but when you woke up....presensts were spread halfway and some year's the entire open floor area around the tree. Talk about feeling like a kid....It was grand...We all miss her very much...the first year after her death, we went to Las Vegas, just to avoid the emotion of Christmas morning.

Danny

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ashi,

A Guiness man! I lived in San Francisco for thirteen year's. There are a number of authentic Irish Bar's, several of which I frequented often. When I mean authentic, I mean juke box, bartender's, and patron's all imported from Ireland. My first pint of Guiness did not go down easily....but once the taste buds were trained, another story.
    Such a great creamy, sipping beer...whenever I find it truly on tap, with a bartender that understands how to pour it..it is what I order. Sometimes I will insert a shot of Bushmill's Black Label for good measure.

Danny

• Simon
    Simon

I like it when one or both of our little lads come and share something they really like such as one of their chocolate buttons totally out of the blue with no prompting ... I love chocolate buttons

I love seeing Liam joining in and being just another normal kid at school. It's great when he comes out with something new (even if it's learning humour and being cheeky to me) or when he's painted a picture for me or is "proud as puch" because he got a certificate for good behaviour.

I love when the kids want a donkey ride up to bed and I get a hug'n'kiss when I put them in bed. I like it even more when they stay there but when Dylan creeps downstairs and pokes his head round the door it's very hard to be annoyed.

I like getting down on the floor and playing with their toy cars or trains with them and how we all like the same toys. I love their enthusiasm (especially Dylan when he points to a picture of a penguin and prodly says "chicken" because it's his 'bird word')

I love how Angharad put's up with me and all the time I spend on the computer. I never tell her enough how much I love her but she's nice to me even so.

I love having made so many friends online that have really helped us. I know Angharad loves the chats she has with ZazuWitts and it's been great for her having someone to talk to besides her ignorant husband. I'm not to great on the chats but I really do appreciate the kind words in some of the emails I've had - they do mean a lot.

Ok ... shall I ruin the moment now and add 'Britney' or something?

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Danny and teejay, Yeah, you're both right. I've got it bad. 2AM phone calls and all. Danny be sure and pick up Bocelli's Sacred Arias CD-one of my favorites of his.

Patio, I'm an early riser too. I love to watch the sunrise and listen to the birds announce a new day like they've been doing since the dawn of time. :))

Sean, There's nothing quite like fresh powder and short lift lines.

Waiting, Your flower garden is a sight to behold. Very beautiful!! I love my veggie gardening-the whole earth mother thing.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Amazing thread!!! I've enjoyed reading all your thoughts.

It has oft intrigued me how one sense can trigger so many memories.

Smell for example. A familiar fragrance, reminds you of a loved one from the past, there is a Herrod's special blend that will always remind me of a very special couple no longer in my life.

The scent of lilac bushes instantly re-acquaints me with my late paternal grandmother. To play in her backyard edged by tree after tree of lilacs.

THe smell of cut grass, transports me to a simpler time living in Massachusetts and cutting the lawn and hacking through the overgrowth on the empty lot next door.

Sounds can do the same... that special song bringing a loved one into your room while sitting alone...the memories of holding her tight, swaying to "Wonderful Tonight" Recalling the sense of complete oneness the first time together as "Everything I Do" played in the background.

I think my cat must be related to your Danny. Also a long haired silverpoint grey cat..white underbelly and white beard and crest. His personality is similar as well. There is something strangely quieting and peaceful having an animal fall asleep on your chest purring away contentedly.

I think of the joy of having the love of my life, leaning against my chest, my fingers playing with her long hair, as she tells me about her day, turning silent and having her dose away feeling completely safe and protected in my arms.

Then there is food!!!! to savour a tender moist cut ..perhaps a filet mignon, perfectly prepared, putting it slowly into your mouth, savouring every texture as it passes onto your tongue... expereincing all the tastes of the spices, the bacon, the steak itself. Then raising your glass of 1998 Merlot you have saved for this special meal, the rich bouquet tantalizing your palate as it is drawn to your mouth. The rich flavour as the wine attacks your taste buds, causing them to tingle ... then to see the person you love, watching you so intently as you passionately savour the meal. ahhhhhhhhhhh

who needs some stinkin make belief paradise when there is so much to enjoy and be passionate about now!!!

Kismet

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Danny,

Guinness is very very sweet. If you want a beer to make Guinness seem like water, try Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebach. Beautiful stuff, but 50$ per case. On tap, it's angelic.

ashi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit