I Love You......Life

by DannyBear 63 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Tracy,

When you hear these words from your 15yr old;

***When my 15 yr old son tells me he is so glad to have me as his mom...that he doesn't know what his life would be like without me.***

You win the 'pot of gold'....knowing so many 15yr old's who do everything in their power to display the opposite...you must be doing something very right! You should be proud. It frighten's me to think of being 15 again!

Iam glad you took my comments about the spanking's as I intended. My only worries is Free, I saw how he dressed down (rightly so) a recent antagonist...........Huh Oh here comes the hubby

BearRun

• Mulan
    Mulan

DannyBear: I also love the way they coin words. He gets the "th" sound mixed up all the time too, and says 'fanks', when he means 'thanks'. But he'll learn, in time. I remember trying to make him say "Elmo" when he was 2, because he said it so cute. But the time came when he said it like we do, and now it's just a memory.

In the Mall last week, he was dancing around, saying "I love Christmas, Mommy. It's the bestest time, ever." He is a treasure.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Having a good belly laugh with Dad or Brothers

Taking a drive through New England with my wife

Being in the "Zone" when playing ball

Being the first skier off the lift after a fresh blanket of powder

A good Cabernet Sav. with crakers and cheddar cheese

Home brewed french roast coffee with fresh cream, anytime.

Books, movies, music that moves you to tears

...Sean

• teejay
    teejay

Hearing an old song that reminds me of when I was a little boy – a time when I was clueless of the bad all around me; without a care in the world.

At my start, my mom and I were both lucky but neither of us knew it then. My earliest memories of her was of her as a stay-at-home mom. She listened to KFPW, at the far end of the AM dial -- around 1600. It had a contemporary adult format - played the Mills Brothers, Ray Coniff, Sergio Mendes. Without really meaning to, she was one who taught me an appreciation of real music.

Anyway, I have one of Sergio Mendes' Greatest Hits CDs. My favorite song from the album (hard to pick just one) is Like a Lover:

Like a lover the morning sun surely rises and kisses you awake.
    Your smile is soft and drowsy as you let it play... upon your face.

Oh, how I dream I might be like the morning sun, to you.
    I might be like the morning sun, to you.

Like a lover
    The river wind, sliding ripples, its fingers through your hair
    Upon your cheek it lingers without ever having known
    a sweeter place,

Oh, how I dream... I might be like the river wind to you.
    I might be like the river wind to you.

Man!! Kinda chokes me up if I let my mind go free.

What happened to my childhood? Why do those old days seem better than these? What have you done, my Friend? Conjuring up these memories of better days?

Thanks for the memories
    tj

----------------------
    "Do not say: “Why has it happened that the former days proved to be better than these?” for it is not due to wisdom that you have asked about this." -- Eccl. 7:10

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Sean,

I havn't had a good belly laugh for several weeks now, next time you and your dad and brother's...feel one coming on...please alert the media!

Talk about idyllic setting's New England is the place, some gorgeous places to see there, not to mention the seafood, eh?

I joined the Gavalia Coffee Club, they send you several different whole bean selections every month. If you like to sample coffee's of the world, you might like to try it. Iam with you having become a real fanatic about Cafe Latte, whenever Iam traveling, it's my first stop in the morning. Sometimes just plain black 'french roast' coffee will do. I think the smell of freshly ground coffee sometimes seems better than the brew itself.

Thanks for participating.

Danny

• teejay
    teejay

Having a good belly laugh with Dad or Brothers

A memory I'll never have, but one I enjoy anyway. Thanks, Sean.

Damn... this is a good thread.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Tj,

It's strange how much our early life experiences mold our tastes.

Sorry friend we will never get back to our 'childhood' state of mind, no matter how hard we try.

Theloneous Monk (song for my father)Dave Brubeck(take five)Miles Davis(blue)Sergio Mendes, Jazz Crusader's, all the big band's of old, were my first pioneer partner's passion. Before, during and after door to door he played jazz. To this day even though my tastes have changed to 'country music' ie Garth Brooks, Lee Greenwood, Faith Hill, etc. I will alway's seek out a live jazz club or concert.

Iam ashamed to say but the song 'mashed potato' puts me in junior high school, I was the noon-dance chairman, so can vividly recall ploping that particular 45 on by popular request, each week. It was during the era of the 'surfer stomp'....except 'mashed potato'was the more acceptable ethnic favorite for my predominately latin school mates. It was fun, I think.

Danny

• teejay
    teejay

Danny,

I could only make out the meaning of a word here and there. Otherwise, I didn't understand a damn thing you said...

The "Theloneous Monk, Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, the 45" part, I got all that.

But...

... the "song 'mashed potato' puts me in junior high school; the noon-dance chairman; the era of the 'surfer stomp?

Lost me, man. I'm like, way lost.

Why do I still feel happy reading your words? Why do I grin, being happy along with you, even tho I have no clue of what you're talking about? Why are past days better than these - Solomon be damned?

The message of your thread is a valuable one. I'll be back.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Tj,

Laughing with you on this, who remember's what thing.

1963 marked many fad's and styles. White levi's with white tennis shoe's or suede leather 'hushpuppies' was the chosen wardrobe for 'surfer's'. Blonde or bleached hair, woody's and surfboard's(used or not) strapped to the the cargo carrier. The 'surfer stomp' was a dance started in California which somewhat depicted the physical reactions of one riding a wave.

On the latin side, influence of the 1940's 'zoot suiter's' was back in fashion. Pendelton all wool long sleve shirts, spit shined shoe tips, and music that provided the dancing couple to stand embraced firmly in one spot, and sway to each side, barely moving on the dance floor..more like in circles or inches from where you started to dance and finished. 'mashed potato' was one of the few that required significant moves...each foot was rotated back and forth to simulate the action of two blender's mashing potatoes...no kidding Lol...you had to have been there. Sorry if none of the above makes any sense, but to anyone that lived through that era, they know of what I speak. I hope, Iam not that damned old. Or am I?

Danny

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

I love the sense of anticipation when first opening up a book, and the satisfaction and contentment I receive if I've either been educated or simply entertained by well-crafted words.

That first pristine snowfall, ahhh. And then when you are, at last, weary of a too-long winter, a warm, sunny, Spring day, tulips and daffodils in profusion in rainbow colors, windows opened for a brief house-airing, fresh curtains billowing in a gentle breeze.

Glad in the Fall, when someone occasionally violates the leaf-burning ordinance, and you once again have a rememberance of your childhood, with that particular pungent aroma filling the evening air.

Walks in nature, but especially solo walks, just before dawn, when somehow all seems right with the world.

My special friends I e-mail with, Waiting, Patio, Thinker's Wife and RedHorsewoman. And, especially Angharad, for our frequent chats, which always brighten my day, and got me through a personal medical crisis more than she will ever know. Sometimes I think of her as a daughter, but mostly as a dear, dear friend. Thank you all.

Lightning and thunderstorms, which are both scary and awe-inspiring.

The true 'goodness' of our children raised outside the Tower.

Hugs, given and received just out-of-the-blue.

Music and the joy it brings.

Grandchildren, and the special joy they impart to one's life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit