The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnessees and Personal Study - A Commentary

by AllTimeJeff 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Great post!

It is in stark contrast to the Bible Teach's comments and first questions in the book!

** bh chap. 1 What Is the Truth About God? ***

1, 2. Why is it often good to ask questions?

3. Why do many stop trying to find answers to the questions that matter most?

4, 5. What are some of the most important questions we can ask in life, and why should we seek the answers?

23, 24. (a) Why should you continue to ask questions about what you are learning?

The GB not only doesn't endorse such questions but it outrightly condemns those Recognized Unbaptized Publishers and baptized members who continue to question, saying that those who stubbornly hold to and speak about teaching contrary to 'bible truths' as taught by the JWs are apostates!.... There is no heresy in Watchtowerland, it is all or nothing!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Jeff, this is great. Some of your comments that really stood out to me:

The FD Slave does not exist...However, since their is no scripture using any phrase or alluding to a central governing body, the Governing Body (GB) purposefully and cynically uses the phrase "faithful and discreet slave" so that they can throw in a scripture.
    Why be afraid of it if the NWT is accurate? (especially the 237 insertions of "Jehovah in the NT)
    Thus, what this is really saying is that 'personal reseach of any kind detracts from the indoctrination that the GB is accomplishing.' Nothing more, nothing less.

Well done. You know... when I first heard of the Governing Body advising AGAINST personal bible study, I could NOT believe it! It truly does boggle the mind, does it not?

Thank you for this.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Great Post Jeff. You have shaken my faith in the Witchtower Babbel

and Trick Sociey.

TBTS

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Jeff said: In this letter, it discussed the introduction of outside, scholarly material that a brother may have come up with on his own. From 2006 on, only WT/JW references were to ever be used. The outline was to be strictly followed. You can come up with your own conclusions as to why.

Wow. I have been out a long time, and had NO idea about this. Amazing. Once someone knows these things... how can they not see the panic and control and HIDDEN AGENDA, i.e. that it is indeed a CULT?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

It really pisses me off that they train the impressionable brain to obey them without question under various undeliverable promises as well as real and imagined threats of punishment ... BUT they leave themselves with the broadest of legal loopholes by every now and then throwing in the legal fine print, "but it's a conscience matter". So that ultimately, after all the exhaustive hours spent brainwashing ya one way to allow them to interfere with your spirituality as a human being, when it comes down to it, they can just point the finger right back and say, well, we SAID it was a conscience matter. If that's what that person's conscience allowed them to do, we certainly aren't responsible for anything we said to influence that decision from our all-powerful pulpit of authority. They really know how to get a person coming or going. Meesh. This religion is a crock. Just another outdated political technology whose time has come.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

"It is commendable for individuals to want to use their thinking ability in support of the good news. However," ... However, we are so CONDESCENDING, so PRESUMPTUOUS, that we will now spend a paragraph rationalizing why people should not use their gawd-given thinking ability in any way that is not WTS sanctioned EVEN THOUGH we will not stand beside them in front of Gawd on judgment day (or in front of a court of law nowadays), they are ultimately responsible for their own actions and choices. But if they don't do it like we say, Gawd will kill them. But it's really cute that you peons would like to think for yourself. Really it is. However ... *eye roll*

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

What a controlling bunch of pompous asses.

Isaac

• oompa
    oompa

That article is one of my biggest piss offs btw.....there are a few things about it that now crack me up......

1. has the fds or wt EVER endorsed ANYTHING???...the NFL does that

2. WT should WECCOME scrutiny of the NWT...if it is accurate....all research would prove it....if it is NOT accurate...they would praise those that found more accurate passages and revise the damm thing again....ya APPRECIATE a more accurate bible.....they are sooooo humble!

3. if they fuss about a few dubs getting together to study the bible in ANY way.....how to they get around this scripture? .........

(Matthew

18:19-20) . . .. 20 For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst."

so goodhearted sincere dubs....meet, pray in jesus name.....study the bible......and it is wrong???.........lmao.......idiots........oompa

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

so strange....acts 17:11, bereans are COMMENDED for not accepting the teachings of the apostles without checking the scriptures, yet jw's are told by the GB not to do scriptural research, just read their publications. oompa and i thought its so funny....the truth book had a chapter "why it is wise to examine your religion". its conveniently left out of any publication since, for obvious reasons.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Jeff
    Thanks for the commentary
    Keep it up

Do comments in red and italics
    That way when printing in
    black and white comments
    still stand out

Thanks again

Share this

Google+