Witnessing =Dirty Householders/bible studies yuck remember??

by Witness 007 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Did you notice that most studies were poor? Never did I go into a well to do or very well kept home for a study.

Never went out in service on 'snob' hill. That's where the educated people lived and the doors got slammed in our face. That's what it says about the Watchtower. They prey on the poor and/or uneducated - that's why they still climb in numbers in underveloped countries.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

When I was a small child, maybe three? My parents would take me along to their study with a disabled couple in a small mobile home. We called them "trailers" back then. They had rats, and I was told to keep my feet up off the floor in case one came out. I was terrified the whole time!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Ok, I don't have many memories of going to strangers homes trying to sell magazines, but I remember going to some of the JW's homes (friends of my parents) one apartment I went to there lived a married couple who had 4 kids, they were really poor because the apartment was a 2 bedroom apartment, but the strange thing is the family would change in front of each other.

The place we went to book study, oh must have been about 12 their house always smelled like beans, it was like walking into a freaking baked bean factory, I remember always leaving and smelling like beans, and they were white not mexican ha ha ha.

Another home was the home of my sisters JW boyfriend one day I caught his dad smoking in the back yard, opps not very witness like.

One of my mom's friends who lived out in BFE, I just remember she had tons of animals and they would walk into their house and crap on the floors, and they never seemed to mind.

So my guess is these dirty slum nasty people who you all go visiting, never change their ways after joining the cult.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

As the study was going on, I watched cockroaches crawling on the walls and across the floor. The worst was when a roach crawled across my bible while it was on the table.

This was pretty common in Brooklyn (East New York) in the late 70s, as I remember cockroaches doing dive bombs off bookshelves at me during Tuesday night book studies. To be honest, though, it was a lot harder than you think to get rid of them; virtualy impossible in fact, when they just crawl under your walls from next door, which has NOT been fumigated.

Most just had to put up with it, and make sure you didn't have somthing tasty on your naked toes when you went to bed at nght and left them dangling out of the sheets, for the roaches to lick.

(ooohhh DISGUSTING!!)

LOL

Randy

common joke: the roaches tell the householder, "Move over, we pay rent here, too!"

• Gram
    Gram

Our small town had several of these types. One family lived in a garage while they "built" the rest of the house, never quite finishing it. The other was a family who may have had JWs in their background. Both mom and dad smoked and hit the American Legion Hall (Bar) every day before coming home. I studied with their kids....they had no heat in the house (back East winters) and a 40 plus year old parrot who had the run of the "house" -- another unfinished work of art -- unfinished rooms, "stuff" everywhere, smells, cats, slipcovers, so gross, but I was "counting time" -- and I truly loved their 3 kids. They used to bake something, like a cake or cupcakes that we would have after the study. How sweet was that?

• TMS
    TMS

I used to hold my newborn while sitting in a recliner near an open window as my wife "studied" with Brenda H. Brenda's three preschoolers were not potty trained. Excrement was smeared on the walls. Super roaches battled for food items, sometimes in a tug of war over a large morsel.

One week my recliner was thrown out into the yard. Brenda explained that it had a rat's nest in it.

I tended to my son in the car after that during Brenda's studies.

tms

ps: My wife was always big on teaching some of these folks how to clean, especially if they were advancing in their study. One young lady had inherited a wreck of a house from her grandmother. Grandma dipped and chewed and lived in filth for seventy-five years. My wife volunteered our services to bring the house to livibility, if possible. Several weekends we cleaned, painted, made minor repairs. We made a bonfire of most of the furniture and helped the lady find good, clean, used furniture in the antique and second-hand stores.

• Confucious
    Confucious

I had one study that woud make us deviled eggs.

But as she was making them, she was drunk and had a cold with a dripply nose.

But I guess she was so unk that she didn't realize that she was wiping her nose with her bare hands and making the eggs at the same time.

Confucious

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I also had a study while pioneering with a woman in a trailer park. She was very interested of course, her place was such a mess every week. There were always piles of clothes on the chairs and sofa, and don't even think about the coffee table with the ashtray loaded with butts. Sometimes, she would be asleep on the sofa on top of the clothes. My partner and I would move everything from the chairs to sit. We would only take in our books. No bookbag or purse. I put my keys in my pocket for the car. She would always offer something to drink. She had those sodas loaded with sugar in cans. I told her I was diabetic and couldn't have them. Most of the people who would go with me on this study knew not to accept anything. She had several cats, too. It was awful smelling there. She was a large woman that thought she was sexy so she never wore a bra, and she needed one. She was probably drunk most of the time we visited, even first thing in the morning. She had to be called before we came so it got difficult to wake her sometimes. I cut her off when she missed two in a row. When we left we used those wet ones up to our elbows to clean some of the yuck off. Then, we went to a restroom to clean up really good. Thank god we didn't bring out any critters with us.

• likeabird
    likeabird

Reading this thread I could actually say yes to a lot of these things.

It brings back memories I hadn't thought about in a very long time:

- dog/cat peed on sofas

- cockroach infested places

- overcrowded places where everyone used the same mattress and bedding (but only during their allocated time space)

- studies that chain smoked (had to be desperate for time to sit through those)

- carpets that had turned into a layer of ground-in-dirt

- dirty glasses (could start a new thread on how to fake your drinking when declining a drink is just not an option)

- inedible food (had to master fake eating too)

- unfathemable stenches

- dripping noses

- people with TB coughing everywhere (great for those not vaccinated for so-called scriptural reasons)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I went with someone else to their bible study. The study had a dog run just outside, and the windows were open. i could smell dog poop the entire time, the hour seemed to creep by. When we left I took a look, there were weeks worth of dog poop in the small dog run. ughh, how could you do that to a dog? And how could you not smell it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit