Witnessing =Dirty Householders/bible studies yuck remember??

by Witness 007 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

The last woman I studied with was disabled and lived in a one room apt. So I sat on a chair next to her bed and next to that was her dirty filthy stinky potable toilet. Right next to that was a little counter with dirty dishes, old food and well you can imagine that "martian death" stuff. We studied for about an hour and then I usually spent an hour washing dishes and emptying her pot. I didn't dare take my kids there. Really really sad.

Then when I was younger my parents pioneered where the need was great in a very very rural area. Many inbred folks who had never even been out of the holler they lived in. It took 4wheel drive to get to these places. Several homes had dirt floors. One charm school graduate chewed tobacco and spit into a wooden bucket next to his chair as if that wasn't bad enough, when he felt the need to blow his nose he just leaned about 3ft over the bucket and blew on in there. Some really crazy stuff going on with the DNA there too, one family all had two sets of teeth over top each other( I am not talking about over crowding here, no, they had 2 sets). Does not make for sweet smelling breath.

Then once we went to a study's house for dinner (nice gesture). The smell was so awful my eyes watered and then my mouth, no way could I eat anything. The study said "what's wrong honey is it that smell?" then she proceeded to chastise her son for not cleaning up several dead rats that had apparently accumulated in the kitchen cupboard.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I was in a householder's home once... (is the word "householder used anywhere else but in the JW vernacular?) for someone's study. Little kids running around in a filthy, roach infested, nasty hovel of a home. I kept my bookbag on my lap and kept a vigil on my shoes and pant legs...sitting on the very edge of the couch. While Sister Spiritual was droning on an on about some mundane point, the woman study was barely paying attention and was functionally illiterate beside, but hey, the clock on our time was running...

About that time, a little girl, barely walking, comes out of the bathroom with something in her mouth. At first, I couldnt tell what it was....then the momma, said in a real calm voice: "no, no, baby, take that out of your mouth."

if you are eating or drinking...please stop...if you have a weak stomach, do not scroll down... ready?

scroll

scroll

scroll...last chance...

little girl was sucking on a used maxipad...... and all she got from her mom was a "no, no baby?" ewwwwwww ..OMFG OMFFSM!... just saying....and I never went back.

Snakes ()

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Oh my God! Is there any other group of people that sees the inside of people's homes and how they really live like JWs do. It really seems that social workers should be notified of some of the stuff that we see. We should all get together and write a book. And this is supposed to be the richest, best educated country in the world. Well, we've obviously got a long way to go.

• loosie
    loosie

OMG Confession that was the best laugh I had all week.

Snakes - that is disgusting. thats for the many warnings.

• bookhead
    bookhead

Here is one memorable one --

It was one of those doors where you knock and then a voice inside the house calls out, "COME IN!!" At that time you look at your service partner and hesitate not knowing what to do and what necessarily awaits you if you do indeed decide to "come in." Perhaps thinking it was a case of mistaken identity, my service partner, an elder, knocked again and said (not sang), "We're Jehovah's Witnesses!". And again the voice called out, "COME IN! I CAN'T COME TO THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!" My partner looked at me and I could tell that, having not been shooed away at the admission that we were JW's, he was very eager for the potential Bible Study.

When we entered the house into the living room we were faced with the sight of a morbibly obese women spread out on a dingy day bed. Being a Star Wars geek I immediately thought about the similarities between this woman and Jabba the Hutt, spread out upon his dias. She was wearing a thread-bare mumu of sorts and I was startled to see her nipple poking out through a hole in the garment. It was one of those things you didn't want to look at but couldn't help but to look at. Just as she hadn't moved to answer the door, the feeling was that quite possibly she never moved from her birth, not for baths or even to use the bathroom. I secretly wondered what purpose the fly-covered bucket by daybed might serve.

Because the bed took up the majority of the living room there was no where for us to sit so we simply stood before her and my partner introduced us. The woman began to explain that she was a jehovah witness and my elder partner took some time trying to discern if she was simply a one-time Bible study that thought she was a JW, or perhaps a disfellowshipped one who the elders had lost track of.

We were then interrupted by a young teenager who excitedly barged in from the Kitchen saying, "Mama! Look I found some Kool-Aid!" He held up a wrinkled packet of cherry Kool-Aid. I assumed the reason for his excitement was that he was happy to have something to drink. I was quite surprised when he then said, "I'm going go dye my hair!" He turned and went down the hall with Mama yelling out for him not to color his hair with the cherry Kool-Aid.

• Coop Man
    Coop Man

Was on a study once with a friend of mine. The old man was in a wheel chair and on oxygen, in pretty bad shape. His colostomy bag somehow got a hole in it and leaked all over my pants leg/shoes....darn near threw up on him!!!

• ninja
    ninja

was at a study once with the most horrible smells you can imagine.....it was that bad they had a skunk as an air freshener

....and you had to wipe your feet on the way OUT of the house....

the couple had three teeth between them ....and the smell of their breath was radioactive.........

yep....I'm glad I no longer have to go round to my in laws for the watchtower study

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

scarred:

Is there any other group of people that sees the inside of people's homes and how they really live

as a bill collector for cable, i often have to go into people's homes to retrieve the cable equipment. I once spent 5 days working in Cleveland and our local office gave me a large box of plastic bags. I asked "what is this for?" The reply: "to seal the cable boxes in...the area you are working has a lot of roaches and the roaches like the warm inside of the older large cable boxes." Nice....I collected 75 boxes that week..

I dont know how people live this way. A good (inactive JW) friend of mine, before he was married, lived by himself in a small house. I never got to go inside, but from the door once I could tell it was a mere path that ran through the house. He married another good (also inactive JW) friend of mine, who used to be very active, and her mother is an absolute clutter bug/hoarder. So you have a hoarder and a clutter monster married to each other....yeah, its hard to walk through their tiny upstairs apartment. I love them...but thats ridiculous.

I have a rule...for every one thing I bring in, I try to get rid of 2 or more... its why I can still park my car in the garage after 11 years. I dont accumulate crap. I may have to start another thread about this topic...

Snakes ()

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Wow I remember having a study after the Sunday meeting. I was with a pioneer and he have a quick lunch and then go to a study with this guy in an apt. that stinks of tobaccoso bad I d had to strip my clothing off and take a shower. Take my under ware and wash them.

It seems every "study" was like this. No one I repeat no one had a study with a normal person in a normal house.

• lancelink
    lancelink

we had a study with a guy that had an older dog that would pee on his furniture.

The smell was awful!

One night we went for the study and there was a large garbage bag in the back of his house, once in a while I noticed the bag sort of

"balloon out" and then go down.

Well after the study I asked where his dog was, and he replied:

"oh it died three days ago, and I put it in that garbage bag, I'll bury it this weekend"

i never asked, and i never went back

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit