Witnessing =Dirty Householders/bible studies yuck remember??

by Witness 007 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We had a bible study women who collected all the qaurter left bottles of Coke and would "recycle" them into one bottle. A couple we studied with would give us coffee with lipstick on the cup after removing the cigrette buts and a quick rinse! A study gave me a glass of water which was brownish looking....tasted awful. Anyone else?

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

The worst experience I ever had was when I accompanied a sister on a study that belonged to another sister. The apartment smelled. We sat at a folding table in the middle of the room. As the study was going on, I watched cockroaches crawling on the walls and across the floor. The worst was when a roach crawled across my bible while it was on the table. We were so happy when the study was over. We both came out of there disgusted. I emptied my book bag on the floor and searched for any travelers. She emptied her pocketbook and searched it also. We both went to our respective homes and showered. Neither one of us ever went back. It still creeps me out thinking about it now.

• juni
    juni

Yep. In such situations, I would thank them for their offer of water, but not take it because of the filth. I remember too coming home w/extra critters. Yow!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Cat and dog piss, hair, spit on chairs and couches. Children with snot smeared on their faces, ratty hair, dirty pj's in the afternoon, full sagging diapers. Drunk adults with BO and dirt on clothes. Carpets with everything imaginable and every imaginable smell, dirt on walls, bugs everywhere.

Yes, we had some really gross ones.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Did you notice that most studies were poor? Never did I go into a well to do or very well kept home for a study.

• Kudra
    Kudra

oh my gosh...

ugh, YES I remember those. Didn't anyone NORMAL ever study witht the Witnesses...? It seems like all of my (or my mom's) studies were like that. Best case scenario they only smelled like cigarette smoke if you were lucky.

I was talking with my never-a-JW husband about people cleaning their houses, (conversation spurred by a neighbor of ours having her grandkids living with her and they never clean her house) and for some reason, he is under the impression that everyone has a clean house and was just incredulous when I told him about some of the JW-study houses I had been to.

JWs sure got to see a cross-section of society that most people don't...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My ex had a "study". After the "study" she offered us some fruitcake. For the record, I hate fruitcake more than a thousand in-laws. My ex didn't like the stuff either. I ate it to be polite, and then my ex handed me hers to finish. (that alone should be grounds for divorce). As far as fruitcake goes, this stuff wasn't half bad because it was supersaturated with rum. I actually got a little buzz from it. It turned out to be a good thing because I could tell my ex I was too buzzed to continue in service without her thinking I was "unspiritual".

• White Dove
    White Dove

Maybe that's why JW's think that only JW's are clean housekeepers. We weren't allowed to be friends with or go into anyone else's house, so how else were we to know that others were actually cleaner? Of course the needy bible studies would be the worst of society, thereby giving the JW's big heads about their own hygeine!

• juni
    juni

god Walter that is a funny fruitcake tale!

Thing is this: Just because you're financially challenged (political correctness here ) doesn't mean you have to live in filth. There are wealthy and middle class slobs too. From my experiences I can relate to these different situations talked about. I would keep going back.. all for Jehovah.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I only saw one higher class neat person who studied. Not one other well to do person accepted the message. It was only poor slobs who did. I didn't even see a well to do slob in service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit