If your idea of a good breakfast is ...

by compound complex 40 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Friends, for all your great ideas!

I'm ready for my second breakfast of the day, the first being at 3:45 a.m.

Happy New Year!

CoCo

• StAnn
    StAnn

Today we're having our last hurrah to fattening food, for tomorrow we begin dieting. (The three adults in my household, that is.)

So for breakfast we had homemade sour cream biscuits, sausage gravy, applesauce, and fried potatoes. Also juice and coffee.

For dinner, we're having pork chops with sauerkraut and onions and a side of black-eyed peas. To top that off, I have a chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing.

StAnn

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Fried/poached egg/bacon/chips/fried tomato's or beans, mug of tea and 2 slices of crusty toast

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Haven't eaten any. Happy New Year, Co co.

• flipper
    flipper

CoCo- Happy new year friend ! This is what I'm making Mrs. Flipper this New Year's morning. And usually every weekend.

2 eggs each sunnyside up with melted cheddar cheese cooked in . Garlic pepper sauce splashed on with seasoned salt, lemon pepper , and dill sprinkled in. I fry her up Turkey bacon, and myself Pig bacon. Now for the main dish :

My infamous home fried potatoes.

3 potatoes cut up to thin half inch slices.

Add roasted red bell peppers , red onions, fresh garlic, garlic pepper sauce , cilantro, dill, ( cheddar cheese)

if you want cheese, portabella mushrooms, cook in all ingredients in olive oil & a little Merlot wine. Season

to liking with seasoned salt, regular salt, or pepper or lemon pepper. Feast will leave you drooling . Try it

sometime ! Happy eating ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• blondie
    blondie

During the week, oatmeal, the old-fashioned kind with skim milk, sweetner, and a dusting of cinnamon.

On weekends, a belgium waffle, strawberries, and turkey bacon, with cranberry juice.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Today December 31, 2009 we're having our last hurrah to fattening food, for tomorrow the very next year we begin dieting.

StAnn

Now there! That's more like it! Some diets cannot be improved upon ...

Fried/poached egg/bacon/chips/fried tomato's or beans, mug of tea and 2 slices of crusty toast

jookbeard

English breakfast? I could jolly well down such fare daily.

Haven't eaten any. Happy New Year, Co co.

FHN

Well, let's make a start on it, the most important meal of the day! Happy new year to you, dear lady!

Feast will leave you drooling . Try it.

Mr. Flipper

Drooling is counterproductive to the phony self-image I portray to the world, but I will make this one and only exception.
    As often as it takes ...

Thanks all!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

During the week, oatmeal, the old-fashioned kind with skim milk, sweetner, and a dusting of cinnamon.

On weekends, a belgium waffle, strawberries, and turkey bacon, with cranberry juice.

Blondie

Now that sounds healthy but delicious. Is it too late to mend my ways?

CoCo Pops

• rebel8
    rebel8

This morning we had a warmed tortilla with refried beans, fried eggs, roasted tomatillo-chipotle sauce, diced tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella (authentic Mexican cheese is only available in the further-away grocery store, and it was a blizzard).

And a homemade fig cookie, with several shots of espresso.

It was 8 degrees this morning here, BTW! :(

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

scrambled eggs (fluffy and pretty dry, I hate runny eggs) ...butter milk bisquits .... sausage (think Jimmy Dean or equivilent).. grits, hash brow taters and red eye gravey (the white stuff does in a pinch)..... a gallon of stout coffee and I am GOOOD TO GO.

<once a month or so... I'd like to outlive my dog>

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit