purplesofa

Omelet, with black olives, fresh mushrooms, cheddar cheese, ham

with a huge glass of OJ

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

egg, bacon , sausage, beans, tomatoes, toast

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Oatmeal with wild berries and honey. Vanilla almond milkshake with chia seeds, bananas, strawberries and kiwis. A cup of tea and a boiled egg. That's what I have for breakfast most of the time

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Lately it's been Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. Mmmmm... soy grits and fiber twigs. It actually tastes better than it sounds, but it's certianly not bacon.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I can prepare my usual breakfast in under two minutes. Blueberry pancakes, hash browns, sausage, and bacon- all microwaved! Top it off with orange juice.

I can actually cook a pretty mean egg omelet when I have the time.

My all-time favorite breakfast is the IHOP sampler with two of everything.

• VM44
    VM44

What is "breakfast"?

Perhaps I should try it?

• Gregor
    Gregor

The Chinese say the New Years day menu should include Black eyed peas for Good Luck in the coming year. I usually have them but this year I had to settle for Lima Bean soup. Couldn't be any worse than '08.

• Simon
    Simon

I love scrambled eggs. Rickys does a lovely BBQ breaky bowl with steak, eggs and yummy sauces.

Then there is always Tim Hortons ...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Oatmeal with a handful of dried fruit and skim milk, cup of black coffee. Very filling and healthy. For a treat, scrambled eggs and whole grain toast, fruit. Extra special: scrambled eggs (or omelet) with peppers, cheese, tomatoes, onions, avocado, and toast and fruit.

• StAnn
    StAnn

The feasting is over but man, was it good. For dinner we had pork chops cooked in a little olive oil with salt, pepper, sauerkraut, and onions. On the side we had fresh corn muffins with real butter, green beans with blackeyed peas, pasta salad, and chocolate cake. Yum, yum.

Now the harsh reality of dieting sets in. Before going to bed, I'm putting my steel cut oats in the crock pot and in the morning I'll add a little sweetener, a handful of blueberries, a hard-boiled egg, and hot coffee. Instead of lots and lots of real cream, which is my preference, I'll be whitening my coffee with powdered milk. This will be the standard around my house for quite a while.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit