If your idea of a good breakfast is ...

by compound complex 40 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

'If your idea of a good breakfast is moose meat pie and spaghetti, then RICE CHEX is not for you.'

I remember reading those almost exact words on the back of a RICE CHEX box when I was a kid.

I can eat moose meat pie and spaghetti any hour of the day.

Why, only ten minutes ago I polished off a heaping, steaming bowl of mostaccioli, lolling luxuriantly in extra virgin olive oil and grated parmesan cheese, a side of bacon-flavored, blanched mustard greens and, finally ... two slices of Kalamata Ciabatta bread.

No more unusual than a bowl of CHEX ...

And your breakfast?

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good morning, CoCo.

My breakfast: Grits (of course), a quiche composed of tuna, eggs, canned tomatoes, leftover collards, leftover corn casserole, washed down with a steaming cup of sassafras tea.

It's actually cold down here - 33 degrees - and milk and cereal just won't cut it.

Your friend in Dixie Land wishes a happy and prosperous year ahead for all.

Sylvia

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Why, only ten minutes ago I polished off a heaping, steaming bowl of mostaccioli, lolling luxuriantly in extra virgin olive oil and grated parmesan cheese, a side of bacon-flavored, blanched mustard greens and, finally ... two slices of Kalamata Ciabatta bread.

There is an old saying that what you do on New Years Day will set the trend for the coming year.

I wish you a prosperous and healthy year CoCo.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Snowbird and Cameo-d:

Greetings and Happy New Year to both of you!

Well, I started the new year with Camille Saint-Saen's My Heart at Thy Sweet Voice and Italian basse cuisine.

We shall see down what road that takes me! Actually, scarcely astray from one's roots ...

Blessings and peace,

CoCo

• sacolton
    sacolton

My wife tortures bacon ... dunno why, but she just does. She gave me this to eat.

alt

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I enjoy bacon, eggs, cheese griller & toast. Followed by a milkshake.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm going to have a couple of boiled eggs with horseradish, homemade spicy sausages, and whole grain toast. To drink I'll have some grapefruit juice and a Turkish coffee or two.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Today - Indian Scrambled Eggs

• Heat a little oil in a heavy bottom pan
    • Add 1/2 teaspoon of black mustard seeds and when they start to fizzle a little add about 10 curry leaves and fry for about a further minute
    • Add one small finely chopped onion (or better still a few shallots) and fry for about 5 mins
    • Add one finely chopped tomato and 1/4 of a teaspoon of turmeric and 1/4 of a teaspoon of red chilli powder
    • Cook for a further few minutes
    • Add 3 well beaten eggs and continually stir until they are nicely scrambled
    • Serve on hot toast
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

Eyeslice that sounds yum, love the chilli!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Take a chunk of steak and cut into half inch cubes. Saute in olive oil with favorite seasoning, black pepper, cayenne, cumin, minced onions. Bust 2 or 3 eggs and pour on this, fry to your liking. Top with steak sauce or sweet and hot chili sauce. A side of fried potato skins (the starchy insides are useless to me) dusted with favorite seasoning mix, and fresh fruit. Strawberries, orange, pineapple or grapefruit are all good. Wash down with a large mug of Earl Grey tea, or once a week some coffee. Mmmmm!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit