Why would ALMIGHTY god need a Flood?

by wobble 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

Leaving out all the obvious problems with a Global flood,why would Almighty God need a flood at all,with its attendant problems of gathering animals and building arks etc.when He obviously had the power just to destroy the "wicked" and just leave Noah and family alive.

After all he destroyed JUST the first born in Egypt (what had they done to offend him?) so why not just snuff out who he wants to,why a flood?

Come on fundies tell me!

Love

Wobble

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It was just an symbolic story to make note to the people at the time how powerful and great their god Jehovah was.

The psychological connection between the spiritual seers and the god was establishing itself then just as it is done today.

There are many stories in the bible of the might of god and since we know of those people's apparent ignorance of the world they lived in its quite understandable.

Ie. lightning, rain storms, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, the sun, the stars, the moon.....etc.

• watson
    watson

Good question.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    He obviously had the power just to destroy the "wicked" and just leave Noah and family alive.

Evidently, he can't aim worth a damn?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'll tell you why I think God needed a flood.

God, the Gods are aliens they came here on spaceships.

They came here to mine and do work for their home planet.

The work was too hard to do.

The Aliens were homo sapien sapiens.

We had neanderthals on this planet.

The aliens genetically engineered the neanderthals to be very similar to us and very similar to the aliens.

The chief engineer was the devil

He did too good of a job.

According to Mayan ledgend, oral history, which the Christians, Gods henchmen, tried to destroy,

Man before the flood could see great distances, meaning they were smart, perseptive and not walking around doped up in a trance.

The people before the flood were too smart and to much like the Gods to be manipulated and be good workers.

So the Gods destroyed all of their original creation and released their dumbed down version.

Thats us. Sheep like dumb and gullible.

Now the Custodians, the Gods that are very much like man, even the bible depicts jehovah as a man.

Can manipulate us for their little games and pissing contest. Wars tearing up shxt rebuilding it in a cosmic game of monopoly.

It's all in the bible, you just have to take the blinders off.

This book will help you understand also.

http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Eden-William-Bramley/dp/0380718073

You could entertain this.

or belive their is no conspiracy no one manipulating things.

Or you could be a Christian/ Republican and believe you serve a lunatic bi-polar God who is off his lithium and psychotropic medications.

But when he gets his meds straight he will take care of you.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Why knock kittens in the head when you can put them in an aquarium full of water and watch them gasp for air?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Why indeed!!Why wipe out all the animals on earth because of the wickedness of humans? Then again only land animals would have been killed off,the sea creatures would still survive wouldn`t they? It just doesn`t make sense.

smiddy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

He needed to destroy all the wicked people so that the earth would be fully repopulated by peaceful, God-fearing people. It was also God's purpose to destroy mosquitoes, poisonous snakes, and kangaroos, since none were allowed on the ark.

Mission Accomplished!

B the X

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Then again only land animals would have been killed off,the sea creatures would still survive wouldn`t they?

Doubtful. Most sea water creatures can't survive in fresh water, and vice versa. If all the water were mixed together, you'd have a lot of sea animals dead as well.

• Casper
    Casper

I really don't see the point of it all...

even if:

(quote)"He needed to destroy all the wicked people so that the earth would be fully repopulated by peaceful, God-fearing people." (quote)

It didn't change a thing, it all came back with a vengeance.

Makes no sense to me at all... such a waste of human and animal life.

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit