How did you feel the 1st time you visited this or other "apostate" site?

by Newborn 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I feel like what has already been said in this thread: validated.

Now keep in mind that I didn't even THINK about JW issues for over 20 years. As a matter of fact, I was ashamed to even admit I was ever part of that shit. Then the World Wide Web happened in 1995, and I was curious. I punched in "Jehovah's Witnesses" and lo! and behold! A new world of information was opened up to me!

I became a full-blown and shameless and irritating "apostate!" I didn't even know what the word really meant before I became one! I used to think it was one of those old idiots who left Rutherford's Cult in 1917 or in 1925. We used to call them the "Evil Slave CLASS." And yet, I became one.

Praise Jah ye people! I was on a rampage to share what I knew and learn what I didn't know.

I've probably been doing this stuff too long, though. I think I'm getting a bit too stale.

I should take up a new hobby. Perhaps become an Elder, or something. Maybe a Magazine Servant to start. Yeah, I could do that.

Farkel

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I thought the demons would start throwing stuff around the room.

Can we all say "phobia indoctrination"?!

Once I read Combatting Cult Mind Control it all made sense. Then I experienced the sickening realisation that I had been had. Bad Mood 2

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was in the Public Library...The K M had warned about the information on the web and how wrong it was to go there..So I thought "I must have some of that" The librarian had to show me how to use it. I searched and found "Freeminds" Randy's site had a big banner with the word 'Armageddon' - I wanted to exit quick, but did not know how to log out or back page..I was so scared!

I was sure that a passing elder would feel my collar and have in a committee room. But I persisted and went back. There was a link to JWD . I have been here since..

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

freeminds and some other russian forum (now can't find it anymore) were my first exposures to apostate thought.

I loved reading experiences from people who had been severely damaged by the elders and such.

there was one site that had a bunch of downloadable voice recorded experiences, and at work I burnt them all onm cd-rom.

listened to them everyday, I even made my wife listen (she got irritated).... some of them made me cry (yeah, and I'm a man).

my wife knows I post here, but she has alot of vices now..... so we don't rat on each other (hope my kids don't grow up to be rats!)

love you all! even the ones that have been mean to me

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Dirty, like I needed to be spanked....Uh what was the question?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I came out around the 1992 era before the online revolution, and thanks to a radio show talking about cults.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I was extremely nervous. I felt as if the elders were going to knock on my door at any moment. It took me a while to post. The first time I posted, I felt liberated and sick to my stomach from nervousness at the same time.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I didnt think anything of it. I had been out of the tower since 83.

I was and have always been looking for the truth.

Maybe I got that quirk from having been raised in the troof.

But a google for the truth led me here.

And I felt good about it.

I figured I had encountered a group of people that knew one thing or group that was not true, or the truth.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb the story goes that he failed 1000 times.

He said I have not failed 1000 times, I discoverd 1000 ways not to make a light bulb.

I know about 500 groups or things that are not the truth.

Maybe the only truth is that we think we exist.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sorry Jaguar, but if you are looking for the truth in any organized group you won't find it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry Jaguar, but if you are looking for the truth in any organized group you won't find it. I pretty much agree with that Junction guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit