Vinyl repair and pin stripping cars......

by Gram 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Oh, the memories-My husband did pin striping and vinyl/leather repair-and don't forget the headliner replacements-for many years in Florida. There were so many JWs there that we moved to Texas so he could find more work!!!

• seek2find
    seek2find

Back in the 70s and 80s it was Shackle and then for a brief time period another product called re-live. Natural products seem to be a favorite trap for the witnesses. Also reflexolgy and other wacko health care remedies. There was a few who died experimenting with natural stuff instead of getting professional medical help seek2find

• seek2find
    seek2find

How many of these people in these enterprises stayed current on their taxes? It always seemed like the thinking was "maybe Armageddon will come first and I won't have to pay them" seek2find

• All_These_Kids
    All_These_Kids

There were a couple of lawn and landscaping business, but the weirdest one was an amway business. They had me listen to tapes of amway "inspirational meetings" - it was like some sort of Bizarro JW assembly. I never committed to the Multilevel Marketing Pyramid Ponzi Washing Powder Scheme, though.

• defective light
    defective light

JW's selling pre-paid legal services seem to be big in TX and OK, any other areas?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

How about herba-life? watkins flavorings?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

A brother said, in a talk about education, that most JW young men become dry wall hangers and most JW girls become hairdressers (now girls, only until you get married). So there it is life decisions all summed up. See why I had to get my poor kids out of there!

• crapola
    crapola

In my cong it was mainly cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning, in fact I still clean! But I make a good living so I guess it's not all that bad.

• watson
    watson

A little off topic here, sorry, but Kool aid, you made me think of the time when I was counseled on grooming. The elder told me that a good guage to go by is what you see the national news anchors look like, that's the way to go. Do you think he found that in the "Hebrew Scriptures," or the "Greek?"

• Honesty
    Honesty

Windshield Crack Repair

Carpet Laying

Telemarketing

Pressure Cleaning

Painting... most of those JW's were HEAVY drinkers

Hanging paper (wallpaper)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit