How Long Were You Mentally Out Of The "Truth" Before You Left?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

honesty,

Thank you so much for sharing that song. It is one of my all-time favorites. I noticed how young the audience was who knew and mouthed every word of it. It tells us how timeless that sort of music is.

My very rich and very favorite Uncle has a guitar signed by all of the Eagles in a glass-enclosed case. I've seen it. It's worth about $20,000. It was given to him by a guy who mismanaged and lost about $500,000 of his money. The guy gave it to him to get my uncle to trust him again. My uncle will never trust him again. But he has the guitar! That case is stuck on the ceiling in a very non-descript location in his soda shop among tons of 1950's and 1960's memorabilia, which is only one room in his 5,000 ft. recreation "building" next to his home, tennis court, racquetball/basketball building, barn, snowmobile shed, horse compound and the other Elk compound. Not to mention his building which serves as a full-blown auto-mechanics paradise.

Despite all that, he is probably the most likable and humble people I have ever known. I mean this.

Farkel

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

January 1 76, I knew something was fishy in Denmark. It took me till 83 to say I was through.

So thats 7 years of fading and resisting.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You're welcome, Farkel.

I've talked with one of them on several ocassions and he's just an Ordinary Average Guy:

http://www.qrz.com/db/WB6ACU

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Though I was raised in the "Troof", I wonder if I was ever mentally in...I think I spent 40 years physically there but never mentally invested...made leaving alot easier!

• happehanna
    happehanna

Lost interest in 1994 with generation change finally left in 2000.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I stopped going first. There was always a list of red flags and things that make you go hmmmm. I went and lived a gradually more normal life. Tuning out most of the nagging thoughts. That was 1991. I first read apostate stuff when I got on line in 1999. Really set me to thinking. It was a page about Ray and others who had been kicked out. I seriously began to look into it all in 2001. Read C of C and corresponded with some exbethelites. Even read on JWD. That is when I was set free.

• blondie
    blondie

For about 2 years, it is hard just to "drop out" when your husband is an elder. We had no desire to "re-educate" anyone though.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I guess I did it backwards, I left first then worked on getting mentally out. I think I'm 89% there.

• somebody
    somebody

4 years.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, minimus!!!!

peace,

somebody/gwen

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Gwen!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest