How Long Were You Mentally Out Of The "Truth" Before You Left?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Wizard, what are "boasting sessions"?

• done4good
    done4good

It took 10 years from the time at which I began to question things to the point where I had a moment of clarity where I no longer believed anymore. I tried to make myself believe for another 5 months. I walked out of my last KH meeting after those five months. That was about three years to the day ago.

j

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

min...

Wizard, what are "boasting sessions"?

c'mon Min..dont you know WTWizardeze? "Boasting Sessions" and "Grand Boasting Sessions" are the assemblies....(maybe the meetings too?)... where the Org gets to boast about its amazing accomplishments in the Worldwide Preaching Work (TM). And where people can make donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund..... get with the times man.... WTW...why not put up a thread with all of your fun terms and definitions...... Snakes ()

• minimus
    minimus

oh

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

min... i was kidding ya.... this place wouldnt be as much fun without your many interesting questions....

and to answer your topic question... I had doubts pre-generation change.... but buried it after getting chewed out for mentioning it..

starting in the mid 2000s (maybe 04 or 05) I started researching on the net and lurking here... I was deleted as a elder in dec 06.... changed congos with the intent of fading (a term I first learned here) and quit going sept 07. registered here in feb 07.. and spend entirely too much time here...

Snakes ()

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Though I still believed the doctrines, I stopped caring about 11 years before I finally left. Once I found the doctrines were false it was a matter of 3 months.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I started studying in June 1984. Got baptized in May 1985 and by March of 1986 I was headed for the door...seeing clearly the hypocrisy and the lies. But then in the fall of 1986 I met my husband at a "congregation picnic", damn near got myself disfellowshipped for immoral behavior () so decided to get married after knowing him only like 7 months. I bit the bullet and took my kids to meetings and put on the face until 1995 when they changed again...the Generation and I saw so much immorality around me self righteousness...gawd. In 1996 I stopped going to meetings, kicked the book study out of my house, stopped service entirely. In the fall of 1996 I found Randy Watters and Ray Franz and in January of 1997 I wrote my DA letter and never looked back.

A long damn time...too long.

But I always look at my gorgeous, wonderful, loving children that came from all that mess and I wouldnt trade them for those 13 lost years or anything else...and I freed them when I freed myself.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LovesDubs, you are simply hilarious!

Snakes, I like Hounder and Hounder-Hounder and Hounder-Hounder-Hounder.

To answer the question, I was out mentally when all the warnings about apostates began to appear - early '80's onward.

Sylvia

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Somehow, I don't think you are "ever" out really mentally. I seem to be kinda stuck in a variable mental state, with a wife in and such. It would make it much easier if she wasn't tied to the cult. The past lingers.

• I quit!
    I quit!

" I seem to be kinda stuck in a variable mental state, with a wife in and such. It would make it much easier if she wasn't tied to the cult." Can I ever relate to that. If my wife ever wakes up I'll invite everyone over for a giant party and book burning

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit