How Long Were You Mentally Out Of The "Truth" Before You Left?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was totally spiritually and mentally out of it at least 2 years before I resigned as an elder. It was actually a long process but I can say it is a complete one.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

5 years and counting.......

• I quit!
    I quit!

I had doubts in the back of my mind for years but I kept burring them. I think it was about a year period where I just didn't believe it anymore but was trying to force myself to. I got to where I couldn't sit through both meetings on Sundays. It even got to where I would leave my wife at the meeting and go and get a coffee then come back. I started missing meetings and going jogging instead. I started taking overtime at work so it would be to late for me to go to the meeting by the time I got off. Doing things like that relieve the pressure and I was able to stay a little longer.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I was ready to move on within the first year of being baptized but got married instead. I remember voicing my feelings to my fiance but we did more ministry instead as the end was near. We were both very new in the troof. From then on we always did more minstry/answered up more/studued more whenever we needed to encourage ourselves

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I started to wake up, mentally, around the middle of April 2008. I stopped attending meetings on 21st July 2008. DAd on the 19th October 2008, IIRC.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

For me it was four quick months, then the fade started, then I soon stopped altogether, my wife a short time later. A year and a half later, we moved away from the world headquarters out of state.

Blueblades

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
  • Madame
    Madame

Many years actually. My mother had raised me in the truth. Though I had realised it wasn't the truth it was very difficult to leave because of my mother. Finally I couldn't stand living a lie and I left nearly 30 years ago. I never regretted that decision.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I stopped doing anything in what appeared to be a whole-souled fashion way back in the fall of 1991; I started blowing off boasting sessions on purpose in mid 1996 and gradually cut back until I pulled the plug in mid 2005.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I wanted out in the mid 90s but it took me until about 2002 before I finially quit going to meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit