CoCo's Canine Chronicles

by compound complex 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Cara Mia just loves to play ball!

This is such a workout - toss, run, leap, fetch - that I've taken to sitting down during the ordeal.

Whew!

How do you get your exercise?

CoCo Cools Down

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Dogs are alota fun...my best buddy in the "world" is a Labrador who eats remote controls for lunch! 2 remotes Price $100 dollars....memories...priceless, for everything else there's Mastercard.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hi Coco.

I used to take my dog to the park where they had fenced tennis courts.

She was crazy for balls and would run back and forth with each pitch and serve, outside the fence of course.

By the time her tongue was hanging out, I knew her work out was done.

I get my exercise watching.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Witness 007:

Hey there and g'day.

Hilarious (the MasterCard part)!

Have you ever thought about a nice chew-toy remote?

They sure as heck manufacture everything else.

Ah, yes! Memories. I remember countless repairs to chewed-through wire fences ...

CoCo Chews on Memories

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Oh and a Dingo/Shepard? Hell of an Aussie mix? Keep it away from babies!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This time, however, it's a golf ball.

CoCo,

Please do not use a golf ball. Dogs can swallow them!

Dog swallows golf ball mid-flight

Vet Paul Cossey said Louis had a lucky escape after swallowing the golf ball

A bulldog had to have a golf ball surgically removed after catching and swallowing it in mid-flight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/dorset/7561973.stm

Op for dog who ate 28 golf balls
    The vet could hear the balls rattling around in Libby's stomach
    Vets have operated on a dog who had become sick after swallowing 28 golf balls.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/3652903.stm

Dog swallowed 13 golf balls
    05/09/2008 20:58 - (SA)

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2388908,00.html

• compound complex
    compound complex

Witness 007:

No babies here!

Where is my fiance, the poor baby?

Cameo-d:

Thanks for that info ... I never thought about that. Will remove it from Cara Mia's toy box.

I appreciate the heads up.

It's one thing to swallow one's pride, but to swallow down a whale of a tale or a golf ball is another matter altogether!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

For Meeting Junkie and Eva:

Found Part One!

Thanks for your replies. I really enjoyed them.

Love,

CoCo

• Quentin
    Quentin

Ah dogs. Raised one when I was a young lad, she was house broke, well mannered, sleeping under my bed on folded blanket. Mother was always kind enough to wash the blankets about every 10 days, otherwise all dog duties fell on me. Patches was an English Shepard mixed with what I do not know. I had her for five years, was 18 when she died of distemper. Cried like a baby when I took her to the backside of the garden for burial.

Kathy had, when we married, two Poodles, one a black tea cup, one a blond miniature. Chere the tea cup tolerated me. Took me several months to become the alpha in Minion's world. Minoan always waited at the front door for me to return from work. I had established myself over her and took her for walks without a leash. Can't say Minoan adored me, but responded to voice commands and hand signals 98% of the time. She had become my dog.

When Kathy became pregnant we were advised by a number of folks the Poodle's had to go as they were a very jealous type of dog. We gave the tea cup to Kathy's mother. When Kathy was 7 months along she took Minoan out to do her business. Minoan got under Kathy's feet and caused Kathy to fall off the raised back porch ( we lived in a studio apt ). The fall crushed Kathy's right elbow, Minoan ran off, we never found her.

Our daughter was four, we had a Siamese cat, but she wanted a dog. By then we lived in a house with a large fenced yard. Kathy and our daughter went to the SPCA and brought home a Cinnamon Labrador Retriever, named Cinnamon of course. The cat and dog became best buds. Three years later we had to leave both behind in Monroe La. with a veterinarian who promised he would find them a "good home". I hope he did, I missed Cinnamon she was the second best dog I ever had.

For the last 26 yrs we have populated the household with cat's. Now my 8 yr. old grandson wants a dog. Don't know if I could, or have the needed patience to train another dog. I could tell you many amusing stories about our cat's and dog's. Think I'll save them for the writers corner.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wonderful commentary, Quentin, on your loving pets. Covers quite a span of time. Yes, when we were younger we were up to raising and training our dogs. Now I just walk and feed clients' dogs. Sometimes there's a sleepover involved. Haven't caught any fleas yet ...

Look forward to more of your tales/tails on Writers' Corner!

All the best,

CoCo Canineless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit