CoCo's Canine Chronicles

by compound complex 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

I'm not what you would call a dog person. Of course, it's true that, next to the television's remote control, dog is man's best friend. Perhaps my justified ambivalence toward Poochicus Biteyourbuttabit is due to too many an untoward encounter with the snarling, hydrophobic malevolence of a Fido, a Rover, a Rin Tin Tin, intent on my evisceration. This since toddlerhood. I have scars yet upon my person that prove my canine-fanged point. Would I lie to you, dear and curious reader?

Fast forward past a quarter-century of caring for dozens of family pets - both canine and feline (don't get me started on Miss Kitty and her dozen siblings!).

My current assignment is housesitting, and that with a most unusual doggie in attendance. She is what is commonly termed "a love" and is a lumbering ottoman, though she actually hails from Oz. She and I have the same monikers in real life, which may cause you, the discerning reader, to scratch your proverbial noggin. But names truly are not at issue here. What is at issue is whether or not I shall become a worthy care-provider for Cara Mia. She has caught me totally off my guard. With ravenous abandon, our well-padded lady broke into an unattended, opened can of dog food. She was licking her capacious chops when I caught her.

She was not the least embarrassed.

She dropped the can at my feet and let out a lusty belch, all the while wagging her tail ...

• Clam
    Clam

Coco, good luck with the pooch minding old bean. As a life long doggie fanatic, I recall one conversation which cut me to the quick. As a JW child I'd taken for granted that my canine chums would either survive the impending apocalyse with me, or be resurrected to paradise earth. To be told by an evil elderette at a study that animals in no way would survive death was a crushing disappointment to me, but of course it had to be true - The Watchtower said so.

• musky
    musky

We never had dogs, but cats. I find them to be some work at times. Most important they are a big stress reliever for me. Unconditional love they show.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'She was not the least embarrassed.'

Well, there you go. They have no sin, no need of redemption, and thus, go straight to heaven, when their canine coil gives up the spark.

S

Ps, i'm currently the care giving hostage of two finicky felines, though i am not a cat or a dog person. *sigh*

• compound complex
    compound complex

To be told by an evil elderette at a study that animals in no way would survive.

Hope my editing puts matters in order, Clam! Evil Elderettes have no portion in paradise.

Thanks for responding ...

Unconditional love they show.

You're right, Musky. Cats are known to be more independent-minded (which is why, of course,
    they cannot ever become Jehovah's Witnesses), yet they are there for you as beloved pets.

Thank you for your thoughts.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

They have no sin, no need of redemption, and thus, go straight to heaven.

Excellent point, Satanus.

They are, indeed, the true innocents. May we, humbly, on all fours,
    prove worthy to follow in their pawprints.

Appreciate your thoughts ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

I have to get out of the house. Cara Mia needs to get some exercise. We play ball. I throw, she runs and catches.

Why is she doing this to me? She's giving me a workout! She won't drop the ball at my feet, but forces me to walk to the ball, dropped farther and farther each time from my spent and aching body ...

Who here has the agenda?

CoCo

• Mandette
    Mandette

CoCo?

THEY have us trained....they just let us think that we've trained them(dogs).....and as for cats? They have staff!!!!!!

Mandette of the many furkids......

• ninja
    ninja

for all dyslexics out there....the cokester hasn't become a cocaine user....it's about pooches.....he he

• loosie
    loosie

What breed of dog is this CoCo?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit