New Light - Doctor's Notes

by lawrence 31 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Forged notes will result in a JC.

I learned from watching Catch Me if You Can, you gotta fold the note, Fold it in half, to make it more believable!

Good Luck!!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Purp-

Perhaps in each region, folks should set up a site where electronic fake notes can be generated for those unwilling to go to meetings, but need excuses. There could be a phone line where info can be corroborated (1-800-WTS-OVER).

• lrkr
    lrkr
    The PNP will have received 33 credits of course work designed for the Nurse Practitioner. Prior Masters level courses in required content areas may be evaluated for transfer credit.

But college makes a person unspiritual and weak. Can they really trust someone who went to so much college??

• free2beme
    free2beme

This new light is not yet published, but only a flashlight switch away.

• lawrence
    lawrence

free2beme-

Though a flashlight away, I can already see a photon stream being emitted from Crooklyn.

P.S. New Light! New Light! Electronic monitors will be required for all the heads of households on study night. JWs will be required to buy their own monitors. Stray 100 yards away from the house, and the entire family will be zapped by the Second Death. The WT study article- 'REMEMBER KORAH'.

• Quandry
    Quandry

*** The Golden Age, September 26, 1934, p. 807 ***

"The Journal of the A. M. A. is the vilest sheet that passes the United States mail…. Nothing new and useful in therapeutics escapes its unqualified condemnation. Its attacks are generally ad hominem. Its editorial columns are largely devoted to character assassination…. Its editor [Morris Fishbein] is of the type of Jew that crucified Jesus Christ." Rebel 8- How do you find these "gems?" Perhaps some here think this is far-fetched-to provide a doctor's note. Well, my husband, an elder, became ill after twenty years of constant talks and having been, at different times, the P.O., Secretary and School Overseer, having committee meetings, cleaning and mowing yards at the hall, Khall building, etc. He was at the time the WT study conductor, and a book study conductor, worked full time, and a husband and father. At any rate, time catches up with a person. He was no longer a young man, with the same energy. He'd had high blood pressure, but now was having some tests at the hospital. We'd found out his blood pressure was way up, and he needed new medications. They can take awhile to regulate, and at home he was dizzy and falling down. He could not go to the meetings and stand on the platform feeling this way. We also found out he was diabetic, which also means he was adjusting to medication for that. Also, he had to have upper and lower G.I. exams, and you have to drink awful stuff for that, and completely "clean out" your bowels first. How can a person go to meetings while that is going on? They found cancerous polyps in his colon, which had to be removed, dug out, and cauterized. Oh, yes, he had visits from his fellow elders. Apparently, though, they were not coming to wish him well, they were assessing his "spiritual qualifications." The elders had a meeting, and told hubbie he "was not handling his illness correctly." Evidently, he should have scheduled his illness for non-meeting nights. They took the WT study away from him. Perhaps the Dr. note wouldn't even have sufficed. The elders know better, having Jehovah's spirit and all.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Quandry, I am not one bit surprised by what your husband had to go through with the elders. We should all be shocked, but it sounds just like elders everywhere.

We know this isn't an isolated case, they basically did the same to my father years ago. He gave it all to the cong. Ignored and treated his children like crap. Expected us to be perfect. We rebelled, and he got kicked around when they were ready to let him go. They waited til they had some new young ones groomed though, to be able to have replacements to move in.

How many of us have seen the older ones, being kicked to the curb? I wonder if the rank and file ever see it, or is the veil, over their eyes, too thick?

• lawrence
    lawrence

horrible life-

Yes. And then they quote a passage such as "He who endures to the end will be saved," to show that many do not continue the race, and get the prize. How the hell can anyone continue the race in that mad life - only the craziest!

• carla
    carla

How many of us have seen the older ones, being kicked to the curb? I wonder if the rank and file ever see it, or is the veil, over their eyes, too thick?----

Wouldn't the younger ones be eager to get these priveleges that they take away from the older, sick ones? Who are seen as old and fragile or spiritually weak?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Quandry -

I researched the wts views on medicine as part of my healing. It was very validating for me to review what they had put into print.

3 major illnesses - jeez, makes you wonder how much the stress of the jw lifestyle plays a role in causing sicknesses.

I feel sick reading they slapped your husband's hand for not "handling his illness properly". I can attest to the fact that it is not possible to carry on with normal activities when doing bowel prep. First of all, you can only drink clear fluids, which as a diabetic, must have been torture for your husband. While in this weakened state, you take turbo laxatives which make you feel faint and you must stay within an unobstructed 10-second trot to a toilet. It's kind of volcanic.

I mean srsly. How did they think he was going to give talks in this condition? Maybe he was supposed to do it from the men's room on speaker. That would have been hilarious with all that background noise!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit