DA Letter

by sooner7nc 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am so sorry your wife is so ill. I pray she has a fast and complete recovery.

May I post this letter on my blog?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am so sorry your wife is so ill. I pray she has a fast and complete recovery.

May I post this letter on my blog?

• wobble
    wobble

I feel quite often that I would love to write such a letter,but I also feel that it gives them the chance to put closure on their feelings.

They don't like it when you have left for conscientious reasons and are still free to express these reasons to those still in the cult,you present a danger.

I would rather continue to be Mr. Dangerous and make them feel uncomfortable for a lot longer yet.

Whatever you decide to do,good luck and all the best for your futures,and please keep posting.

Love

Wobble

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Great letter. I agree on correcting the typos but I don't think they would notice.

For what it's worth, I don't think writing a DA letter means that they have any power over you. It's just one way of saying you don't want to play their game anymore and thus you remove their perceived power over you. I applaud your courage.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thanks to every one of you beautiful people. The support warms my heart and strengthens my resolve. I Love You All.

Mike

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Great letter. I like that its short and concise.

When you can send a letter I think its a great idea. It can give you closure, help you feel that you have made an active and final break from this group. Further you may make an elder or two think. Maybe even a CO or two. It depends on how much discussion takes place. I know I got my first taste of "apostate" gripes as an elder when other elders referred (admittedly derogatively) to their complaints. It got me Googling the issues and here I am. So putting your concerns out there can help in more ways than one. But of course once you do, you are ostracized. There is no turning back. Keep that in mind.

Isaac

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

In celebration of your soul's separation from this cult, I will think of you, and predict that on Jan 8, 2009, that the Oklahoma Sooners OU will become the 2008 National Champions!!

GO SOONERS!

I'M SOONER BORN

AND SOONER BRED

AND WHEN I DIE

I'M SOONER DEAD

GO SOONERS!

• choosing life
    choosing life

I like your letter. It is very to the point, but concise. They aren't likely to read one that is really long. I can't believe they bothered your sick wife rather than talking straight to you. That would make me mad too.

Do what you feel is best for you and your wife.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I like you DA letter.

It's as if the Society pushes all the right buttons to make its people explode either for the good or for the bad. I can't figure out why it is that six or seven million peoples minds are so blinded by the Jehovah's witnesses Governing Body. Can't people see that they are being pushed and pulled from pillar to post?

It is so obvious that they haven't got the true religion and yet they have diluted themselves to believe that they are the equivilant of the Pope who declares himself as the Vicar of Christ. Well JW's proclaim the WTS is the channel used between man and God and have forgotton the rank of order in this manner. It is First of all our Heavenly Father , Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. No where does it state the WTS GB or channel. They would be hard pressed to prove that from the scriptures.

I think your letter will be like all letters the Society gets. Read, tell the elders to grant your wish and its all over.

And now your new life of freedom from oppression begins. My best to you and your wife.

love

Orangefatcat

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am sorry your wife is not well, I forgot to mention that in my post above. I know that the elders can make you sicker if that is a word. But I mean they heap undo pressure on people to make them to fess up to stuff they don't even know or don't want to discuss and the elders can't make them do that. Like are the elder police heavies or what?

I do wish her well and give her my best.

all my love

Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit