DA Letter

by sooner7nc 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Definition for those who don't know

Nice one my brotha from anotha motha.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If you send a letter, always do it for your own reasons, never theirs. I sent a letter, but in it I gave a very stern warning that they were not to attempt any further contact in the future, or trespass on my property, or there would be consequences. For the most part, they won't pay any attention to your reasons for leaving. If you threaten legal action for trespassing or harassment they will most likely leave you alone and just make their brief announcement at the hall.

• justified
    justified

I love the letter. My husband and I left our DA letters almost 2 years ago. We both felt it was something WE had to do. It was our way of letting them know they did not control our lives any longer. It was a liberating experience just writing it and then putting it in the hands of the very people that committed the abuses against us was an amazing experience. My husband did make sure to put in his letter that they were not to contact any of us, including our children, in any way or we would consider it harassment and if they came onto our property we would consider it trespassing and treat them as such under our legal rights. Tennessee allows the use of force to remove trespassers. LOL We are fairly sure that our house is marked on the back of the territory to not call here, since we had seen several marked that way in our time served. We received no phone calls from them and the only sign of them at our door was an invitation to the memorial last year. We asked all our neighbors about the tracts, they all got one on their door but no one actually talked to any of them. We know for a fact that some were home so we think the dubs did not even look at the territory card or knock on any doors. Probably a pioneer working alone pretending to do real service.

Good luck to you, keep us updated.

• Simon
    Simon

IMO sending a disassociation letter gives them authority that they do not deserve or have (unless you grant it to them).

It says that you are playing by their rules and that their rules apply to you and still have some power over you.

You don't have to send anything, just tell them to 'go away' and leave you alone if they call but start your life over and forget about them. They don't deserve any consideration or attention.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I understand what you're saying Simon, but I feel that not making a clean break with them will leave them with the impression that you are still within their fold. I don't want my feelings to be misunderstood. I want them to know without fail that I repudiate their doctrine, the way they treat each other, and the false front that they put forward. I tell you what, let me try again.

To: The Elder body of the ______ ______ congregation of JWs

F*** You and the Horse you rode in on. I'm outta here.

Sincerely

Sooner7nc

• megawatt
    megawatt

Good letter sooner!

If it takes the load of your chest by writing a DA letter, that's fantastic. Different strokes for different folks...

BTW, nice avatar of "The Doctor". Just a fan of motogp/roadracing or do you ride as well? :D

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

BTW, nice avatar of "The Doctor". Just a fan of motogp/roadracing or do you ride as well? :D

Big fan of racing and I ride. I don't have a sportbike right now, but hope to get another soon enough.

Val Rossi is a 2 wheeled God!

Viva Il Laureato!

• megawatt
    megawatt

Cool mang!

I'm actually going back to the track after a year hiatus in january on the 24th! Can't wait.

Sorry about the thread jack, just excited to see another 2 wheel motorsport enthusiast on the jwd...

• besty
    besty

We did send a 'we're not DA'ing and please don't DF us' letter - 
    in hindsight I wouldn't have bothered
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/144705/1.ashx if you're interested
    Time over again I would make it humorous (if at all)
    Two thing cults can't stand is either being viewed as unimportant or being satirised, 
    so maybe something like:
    Dear Brother
    Just to let you know I intend to miss quite a lot of meetings going forward - 
    specifically the Sunday and midweek sessions.
    I am upset at the way you quizzed my sick wife about some alledged matter - 
    I can give you a straightforward obfuscation when you come round to see me.
    As I'd like you to help me with the current truth on our most of blood fractions policy - 
    I found this ham sandwich analogy on YouTube:
    <insert image here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/169490/1.ashx)
    The Youtube link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=949n_xH9nso
    Perhaps we could watch the video together and then discuss.
    Be sure to contact me soon as I can't get the 'ham sandwich' out of my mind. 
    Must go now as its supper time.
    Best regards
    Sooner

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Two thing cults can't stand is either being viewed as unimportant or being satirised,

I so agree with this.

Being confident in your right and ability to make your own decisions is confusing to them, How DARE they verbally assault your wife like that, (that is what it was), and do it on heresay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit