Recently Received Wacky JW Spam re: UN Destroying Religion

by Olin Moyles Ghost 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

This has been posted on JWD before:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/166977/1.ashx

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Talk about a ridiculous story. This guy actually believed that he was being filled in on policy? From whom? The UN is ultimately run by the Security Council's five permanent voting members. He was allegedly talking to some committee that has little to do with the UN's overall mission. And it wouldn't surprise me if that committee member was being VERY tongue-in-cheek when he made the comment. Provided that the tale is even true and not some passed down, changed a hundred times in the telling urban myth. These are the foolish stories that Witnesses rely on to validate their outlandish beliefs. No wonder they are forever getting disappointed.

Isaac Carmignani

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh gag I remember this story from years ago

• VM44
    VM44

I wonder what was the purpose of the person who made up this story.

Creating false stories serves no useful purpose.

• Gordy
    Gordy

That story was going the rounds for the 30 years I was a JW.

• Mary
    Mary
    Later, as the meeting was breaking up, he approached the three members of the committee with a question: 'So, when are you going after religion?'

They were stunned. They asked him: 'How do you know that is what we have planned?'

Our brother quickly replied: 'The bible foretold it in much detail.' After consulting together for a few moments they declared that it would be happening soon because everything was already in place. As they left the room, one turned to our brother and quietly said, 'Whatever your mission is, get it done quickly, for it won't be long now!'

Oh good Christ, I heard the exact same story over 20 years ago.

• rebel8
  • blondie
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Welcome to the recycle bin. This first hit the rounds after the Knowledge book was released in 95.....

• JeffT
    JeffT

I kept thinking I was going to hit the part where he said he had 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 USD that he was trying to get out of the country before it all got converted into watchtowers or something.

I don't remember this one exactly, but stuff very much like it was being passed around the KH in 1973.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit