Jehovah's Witnesses – a religion with nothing to celebrate

by eyeslice 24 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

This is a re-hash of a post I made a few years back when I had only just 'left'. But as time has gone by I have become even more convinced that the Witnesses are, how can I put this, a fairly miserable lot.

It seems to me that what separates humans from other animals is our culture and traditions.

But the Witnesses have nothing. No rite of passage celebrations – even baptisms of Witness youths are warned to be kept low key. No Xmas, birthdays, Hanukkah or Diwali. Even the memorial is termed for the majority as an 'observance'.

So to you who celebrate, a happy Xmas. To those who don't; peace on earth and good will to all men.

Eyeslice

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

merry christmas to you and your family

• jambon1
    jambon1

They're a right bunch of bores. Life is taken waaaay to seriously in general. And with very few excuses for a good knees up or to let ones hair down, it makes the lifestyle of your average JW utterly boring & miserable. Oh, the memories. No thanks.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The real Grinch that stole Christmas and everything else, was a fat ass peckerhead named Rutherford. The witnesses used to celebrate things like everyone else. I always like to remind peolple of this largely forgotten Jackoff.

For the Da Judge though, he had two massively expensive luxury cars during the depression, and was sleeping with Berta Peale. I read that they found hairpins in his hotel rooms, and that he also attended burleaque clubs in Paris. Why would he need any holidays? He had a great time every day. From the time he usurped Russels power by disregarding his last will and testament, he power tripped till he finally got colon cancer from drinking too much. Must have been all that prohibition booze.

I can't beleive people were foolish and stupid enough to swallow all this mans load of shit. "Hey that sounds great! Lets work for peanuts and slave for this shithead at Bethel who can do whatever he wants, while we play annoying phonographs on peoples doorsteps, get our asses kicked, work for nothing, and have all of our holidays, celebrations and reasons for living, taken away." Doesn't that sound appealing?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just another day for field circus. In fact, the witlesses are out there on Christmas Day because they make such a big deal of taking advantage of the time off. What they want to take advantage of is that everyone is home, and thus they can ruin everyone's Christmas and make sure they get their judgment call.

As for the children, they never get anything. It is always time for field circus, and you can bet they will be out all week. I can remember when I was there: all during that week, all the children would be out in field circus all week. Nothing like when I was doing Christmas--taking the time to enjoy the presents, the Wish Book, decorating the place, and even finding out what others got for Christmas as late as February. Not so with the witlesses--all they get is more field circus. And their Black Sabbath REJECT Jesus Party.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Today people have been asking me "so what do you celibrate?"........the only answer I could give was "wedding aniversaries" ...HOW SAD.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I think you hit it right on when you said that they "observe" and not celebrate the Memorial. In fact I believe in the NWT the scripture uses the term "as often" as you eat and drink. To me the term "as often" would mean more than just once a year. Just my opinion. Happy Holidays.

The Claw.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG people

Really?

Don't you know they are such "happy" people they don't have to celebrate anything?

It does make for a sorry lot. No wonder so many are dr=epressed. The high point of their year is looking forward to district conventions - being forcred to stay where they are told and how to dress and told how to behave while they are there. Forced to park in designated spots and cart food in approved lunch coolers. Being told to sit down and be quiet, to hold your bodily finctions until breaktime, being forced to have your kids to sit for hours with nothing but a WT apporved book.

What's not to celebrate?

OK NOW I feel sick. Gonna go have some eggnog

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s are dead to life..They just have`nt been buried yet..Coffin And Smoking.......How do you keep those dead Jehovah`s Witness`s from wandering around?..LOL!!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When my daughter was four she asked my father, a jw, why he didn't celebrate Christmas. My father told her that he didn't celebrate holidays because it was against his religion. My daughter promptly said, "Papa, you need to have some fun." Out of the mouth of babes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit