Jehovah's Witnesses – a religion with nothing to celebrate

by eyeslice 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it" befitting character profile of some of the people that have run the WTS., including Da Judge

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The funny thing is, Christmas was always my favorite time of the year, even in the borg. I fed off the fumes of other peoples happiness....

I remember that we were instructed around the holidays each year during the Service Meeting to have a demo and remind the congo what to say when someone says those satanic words to you: "Merry Christmas!"

I hope you all can hear my eyeballs rolling. When I was alone, I didn't say thank you. I said "You too!"

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

The ban on wishing people a merry Xmas always seemed a bit silly to me. I once worked with a young pioneer brother on Xmas day who wished everyone a merry Xmas in return. It was just a bit of a laugh. After all, it is not as if celebrating Xmas is on the same level as mass murder or something. And you can't exactly have wished people a crap Xmas, though perhaps that what the Society really wants.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Funny the "celebration" of the Memorial amounts to an often boring lecture followed by a somber passing around of dull food no one eats! You can get in trouble if you eat it!!! Further music is often discouraged while the dull food is being served. Pathetic.

Anyway Happy Holidays to all. Its great to be free.

Isaac

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Don't forget the celebration of the District Convention, Circuit Assembly, Special Assembly Day, and Circuit Overseer's Visit.

Yeah, JW's really know how to party-hardy. woo-hoo. snore.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit