Xmas Eve Traditions?

by rebel8 17 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

A nice dinner (usually seafood, what's that about?) and I always let the kids open one present. I had to pick it out though. Usually the socks. Somehow they never have stopped looking forward to opening those darn socks!

• Mandette
    Mandette

I'm blessed with many wonderful friends who can't stand the thought of me being alone on Christmas Eve........(although a Christmas Eve spent curled up with the furkids is awesome too)

So tonight I'm going to a friend's house for Christmas Eve dinner!!!! Christmas for me is spending time with my dear friends who I love so much!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

Mandette

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Racing to get everything ready for Christmas day...the house and yard are decorated, the gifts are wrapped, the cookies and pumpkin roll are baked, so now it's time to bake the pineapple crush cake, make appetizers and get everything prepared, so all I have to do is throw the ham, potatoes and green bean casserole in the oven tomorrow morning.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

A dinner for just the 5 of us, in the dining room with the good china. Tonight it will be pork roast, broccolli, hashbrown casserole and rolls. We are also going to bake butter cookies for Santa, and leave them with milk out by the fireplace.

The kids will have a sleep over upstairs while my husband and I wrap the gifts. I started a new job and didn't have time to do it earlier. And my husband had an accident and needed surgery.

Merry Christmas!!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Everything mentioned sounds good......but. I would prefer to walk around with mistle toe hanging from my belt buckle....

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm doing roast lamb with steamed veg. We love watching cookery programs together - tonight its christmas cookery

• blondie
    blondie

We open our gifts to each other on Xmas eve. At first we thought we had to open them on Xmas day with the in-laws, only to find out they had opened theirs to each other already before we got there and put them away. We were a little disappointed. So now we just open the ones we are giving to them on Xmas day.

Blondie

• chickpea
    chickpea

even while still running the hamster wheel
    of the b0rg, i would take the kids out on
    xmas eve night to see the lights on the houses....
    they would have a hot cocoa and we would
    listen to xmas music on public radio

3 of the 4 kids were here tonight...

we spent an hour driving thru town
    to look at the lights..... even the 23 YO
    was nostalgic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit