Xmas Eve Traditions?

by rebel8 17 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Do you have any?

Our is just eating seafood by candlelight. I really love Xmas Eve. {Can't say Xmas Day is something I look forward to at all.)

What do you do on Xmas Eve?

• lola28
    lola28

Well in my house we are major nerds so we play board games and watch Disney movies, this years selection, Beauty and the Beast and Toy story. Is it lame that I'm 25 and still enjoy watching these?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I love Disney movies too!

We will have a fabulous salad as well as shrimp and salmon with a glass or two of wine. The dinner may change from year to year but we will definitely enjoy it together.

When I was growing up we were allowed to open one present on Xmas eve and my sweetie and I are going to do the same.

We will also be watching "A Christmas Story" which is one of my all time favorite movies, while sipping on egg nog spiked with rum.

Then we will cuddle in bed and listen for Santa! I can't wait.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Ref my earlier thread.......I hope to be starting a new tradition with my younger son...There's always hope, isn't there?

NMG

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

This will be my first Christmas eve in my home and I am hoping to make it a tradition. We'll be having dinner, that I am making with my in-laws. That's about it. Simple really. Next day, off to my Dads for gift opening. Last year, my two brothers and I got together after going to the Chicago Bear game and decorated a tree with Chicago bear and cubs decorations and to top it off we made a string of beer cans. We were all so proud it was out first tree and it was beautiful. We still laugh - it was the best damn tree ever. Brooke

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

When the kids were little and all home we would have dinner and torture them by making them wait to open one gift. We would laugh so hard watching them try to decide which one to open. This will be the first year that they are all out of the house, I wonder if they will come over christmas eve.

I think I need to make some phone calls.......

nj

• free2beme
    free2beme

Tacos for dinner

Make cookies

Let my son open one gift

Watching Christmas Vacation!

• iceguy
    iceguy

whyamihere...Growing up in Chicago I also am a Bear fan. I bet the tree looked great but the only way it could have been the best tree ever is if you took off the Cub decorations and put on White Sox decorations!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wow sounds nice.......my tradition is feeling very bitter and hoping to enjoy a christmas one day...crying in my poridge...this Eve I worked so others could go enjoy!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

No tradition, just relax before the big day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit