by AllTimeJeff 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

batman bump

Hee hee hee hee heeeeeee!! characterized she devil

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Jeff,

Thank you for your candid posts. I am glad you were courageous enough to stop and not continue as a disenchanted/disheartened elder when you realized we were "Followers of the LIE" not "Followers of the Truth".

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

thread resurrection

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The info in this thread I think cuts to the heart of how the leadership of JWs operates. They look for a certain type, and they hoped I would be that type. Thankfully, I could think enough for myself. (Which is the ultimate JW antidote)

It's a very difficult thing to leave. Because you don't really know about the lie of it all till you climb their company ladder. They store all their rot in the penthouse. (If you follow my meaning)

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

how many times have i read this thread? its new again everytime!

• Listener
    Listener

That is a very powerfull opening post ATJ.

It is so sad to see what the GB are doing.

I learned that within the GB world view, it is scriptural to be nutty about anything the WT says, but to leave your brother cold and miserable and naked if they disagree with a teaching or doctrine.

This comment is so true.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

http://www.amazon.com/City-Tranquil-Light-A-Novel/dp/B0057D90JC

Jeff I wish I still had this book, it's what Gilead should have been like but the Watchtower has never been interested in the elimination of the suffering of mankind. This group was preaching when little Russell was a baby. This book is incredible of the intense work done by two incredible young adults. You can't walk into a culture like Cameroon or China without offering something in return. The Watchtower does the opposite of what the Mennonites did.

City of Tranquil Light: A Novel

• happy@last
    happy@last

Great post - thanks for bumping it. It just screams cult, cult, cult!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's a very difficult thing to leave. Because you don't really know about the lie of it all till you climb their company ladder. They store all their rot in the penthouse. (If you follow my meaning) - AllTimeJeff

Thank for this thread Jeff. I understand what you mean. I pioneered, my brother went to Bethel in the UK and my husband was an elder. My husband and I left because we 'climbed the company ladder' and found out what was really going on. My brother, after leaving Bethel, has been an elder for over twenty years now and if he can't bring himself to leave now I don't think he ever will. I am sure he knows exactly what is going on. On his own head be it.

I'm glad life is going well for you. Thanks for letting people know what it is really like in that religion. How appalling to indoctrinate people in developing counties when what they really need is help to dig wells, grow food and educate themselves and their children.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Great post - thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit