What Gilead Taught ME

by AllTimeJeff 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Jeff could you and A@G please try and peice together a list of questions found on the "Gilead Test"......

And continue posting Gilead Program Highlights, or a series on Gilead for the R&F.

....... maybe A@G and V can post them on their Youtube accounts.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thank you. These are insights the rest of us just don't have. Just more nails in the coffin for me.

• Farkel
    Farkel

AllTimeJeff,

:how Jehovah mysteriously rules through Jesus and this group of men Jesus inspected in 1918 and found them superior to every other Christian group on the planet.

No, they were supposedly in "Babylonish Captivity" (hahahahahahaha!) in 1918. They were inspected and found "superior" in 1919. They officially became the Faithful and Discreet Slave CLASS then and were handed out a bunch of t-shirts to prove it.

I never went to Gilead, but I got a t-shirt and did get to stay at a Holiday Inn.

Farkel

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Farkel,

Thats what we call a typo! (believe it or not, I got that question right on the test too.... )

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

For those who are curioius about the tests.

Lance can also comment on this if he wants, but each test is printed for each class. They are kept on computers, and not too many free copies are floating around.

As the video brought out, each student gets a loaded 3 ring binder with the schedules, tests, and homework. Toward the end of the class, there is a "shredding" party that would make Nixon proud. Everyone has to turn in their binders, it is loaded into carts and taken into the Patterson basement, next to a garage, where we gleefully shred every bit of the schedule, and all of the tests. YHWH knows they don't want that crap getting out.

As far as the tests, most of the information is actually in the WT library, believe it or not, as the article I posted demonstrates. Some of the crap is in books that are no longer on WT library for obvious reasons.

The OT and NT are divided into two classes. There is also Theocratic Organization, which is essentially a study of the Proclaimers book, and only one class out of them all that actually deals with missionary life, called Missionary Service.

The Proclaimers book is interspersed with videos of Russell, Rutherford and Knorr talking. Missionary Service classes have videos and experiences of actual missionaries who were crazy enough to stick around in their assignment. Visiting missionaries who have had the life sapped out of them come in and get interviewed, almost always it was by Mark Noumair. Once I think Wally Liverance did an interview.

There is 1 big classroom, and 2 smaller ones. Each of the 3 teachers have their offices in the wing where Gilead is located. Since I left, I have heard that only Noumair is still a teacher, Bowen for sure has moved on. (rumor is he is now claiming to be of the annointed) and I don't know what happened to Liverance. I called and identified myself to ask who was teaching, but strangely, they didn't tell me anything. (lol)

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

That's amazing that they insist everyone shred their notebooks after school is done. Do they offer an explanation?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Yeah! They flat out told us they didn't want these papers leaving Patterson.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What happened when you told the organization you were returning from your assignment in Africa. I mean they must have freaked out. The money they spend to send a person to another country costs mega bucks, but then on the other hand it won't suprise me if the Society has their own jet or plane.

Yes that GB has a lot of chutzpah and they are some piece of work. My father was an elder and every other word out of his mouth was the slave class is this and is that and I mean he talked about the G B as if they were more important than Christ. In fact I hardly ever heard the word Christ come out of his mouth is was always the slave class says this is what we are to do or what we are not to do and this and that he sounded like a broken record at times. I use to think to myself don't you ever stop talking about them like they are gods.

Had he given Christ as much honour as he gave the members of the GB he may have been easier to get along with. Heaven help you if you stepped out of line though, it was curtians for you. He was always hanging out at Bethel I don't know why but he seemed to me like he was sucking up to certain people in postions of responsibilty in the Bethel. Their was no living with my father. Anyway when it came to me he was cruel and mean. I guess he learned that from the GB because if couldn't have learned about it in the bible because Jesus taught love and kindness, mercy, and forgiveness these words were not part of my fathers vocabulary when it came to me.

Oh well he is gone now and I am a very happy person and a good Christian in the faith of my youth and that is all that matters to me and God and Christ Jesus.

Gilead teachings of the GB being all encompassing shows why the organization is in trouble, they have left the most important figure out of their faith that being our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I often wonder do these men think they are all they say they are. I don't think so.

Jeff, that stuff about the prophet prefiguring Rutherford and Knorr is got to be the weirdess thing I have ever heard. It is as bizarre as the Pyramid in one of the Studies of the Scriptures. It is as if the Society takes something and makes it work for there own interpetations. They are very effcient at doing that, they have had over a hundred and twenty five years of practise. And nothing suprises me anymore when it comes the GB.

Orangefatcat at times wishes she was a guy so she could face those guys at Bethel one on one.

Ofc

Terry

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Very interesting story! So how did you get out of africa...how did everything turn out?

• Confucious
    Confucious

All Time,

More stories please.

Confucious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit