What convinced you?

by heybaby 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa
    Olins Ghost: For example, when he used Moses, God gave him the power to turn sticks into snakes so that the Israelites would believe that he was really from God.

My primary "beef" with the Society is that they constantly "go beyond what is written" and have become a modern-day Pharisee class. This is not unusual. Throughout history, religious organizations have done the same thing. It's just another example of how the JWs are not as special or different as they think.

Olin...pardon me...but after our lunch today... i expect accuracy!....you genius you...and ya..he is!....but the snake trick was to impress Pharaoh wasn't it?...not the Israelites? but that is one of my primary beefs..."going beyond what is written"...like birthdays...and child baptism.......don't get me started...........oompa

• StAnn
    StAnn

607, plain and simple. If that was wrong, all the dates were wrong and nothing else they said could be trusted,

StAnn

• Honesty
    Honesty

It all started with 607 B.C. and from there it went...

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

newsweek magazine article on timeline of bible history had 587 as date of jerusalems fall....i google it and NO one but jw's taught it was 607...even if no one knew for sure(and history is proven 587 to be correct), how can you say 607 is right if there is controversy and then base your primary teaching on a controversial date? oilns ghost.........faithful and discreet slave is a PARABLE showing importance of being alert to the time of christ return and reward for those being discreet....how they ever came up with their explanation of a class, who the domestics are, and ANY connection scripturally to this slave being the "remaining number of the 144,000 at any given time on earth" is completely unknown. this along with what i mentioned above AND the 144,000 being a literal number while everything else in Revelation being figurative did it for me . i'm just playin' a game now.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

• The love among themselves "proving" they are Christ's followers. The extreme lack of love told me otherwise.
    • Thinking killing billions of people was the solution to humankind's problems such as hunger, war, pollution, etc. Especially children and good people. Why did they need to die. It seemed Jehovah was missing the spirit of his own counsel.
    • Them preaching that Jesus said his yoke is kindly and light, but insisting you go to five meetings per week, study for all of them, kill yourself putting in hours in service....you all know that drill. Their load is not kindly nor is it light, the WTBTS. It nearly killed me.
    • Disfellowshipping teenagers and mentally ill people. I felt it was dangerous and cruel to do either.
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Armegeddon in 75 doctrine convinced me January 76.

Thank God they gave a date and set me free.

Thank God I was paying attention and escaped.

I know a lot of people that fell back to sleep after 76.

And they missed the UN alarm clock and the 1914 alarm clock.

There just going to sleep through their life.

Selling monthly editions of the Awake magazine.

The Irony.

• Vinny
    Vinny

I was 100 percent true blue JW, elder, aux pioneer many times, raised kids in it etc etc.

I was a zealous JW. And believed God used them exclusively.

One day when reading a MSNBC article on JW's in New Orleans, I read this comment (down below) which started the ball rolling.

Since I never felt comfortable with the JW blood policy, this information made me stop to look it all over.

And within three months I was OUT.

Here is that quote that made me do a double take and roll up my sleeves:

Cults Are High Control Groups. So One Has To Ask,”Is The Jehovah Witness Religion A High Control Group?”

Here Is The Main Evidence On It. I Write It All The Time And It Gets Ignored All The Time. So Here It Goes Again.

Once The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society™ Made A Mandate That Their Members Could Not Receive Vaccinations. If A Member Said I Do Not Agree And Received Vaccinations OR Gave Their Young Children Vaccinations They Would Be Disfellowshipped And Loose Their Entire Family.

Once Disfellowshipped Not Even Your Family Can So Much As Take A Meal With You If You Go Against The Watchtower™.

SOOOOOOooo, Jehovah’s Witnesses Didn’t Take Vaccinations And Some Died. Even CHILDREN Died.

Then One Day The Watchtower Society Says They Have New Light™ And So Now Jehovah’s’ People May In Good Conscience Take Vaccinations.

So, Then, The People AND Children Who Died Not Taking Vaccinations….Who Did They Die For? Did They Die For Jehovah? Or For The Watchtower Bible And Tract Corporation™? Did The Bible Say Not To Take Vaccinations? Or Was It Just A Dogmatic Mandate?

Although There Were Other Health Mandates I Will Skip Them And Go To Another Biggie. Organ Transplants.

At One Time The Watchtower Society™ Said No Organ Transplants For Their Members.

To Receive Life Saving Organ Transplants Was Considered Cannibalism By The Slave Class™.

If A Jehovah’s Witness Received An Organ Transplant Or Allowed Their CHILD To Receive A Life Saving Organ Transplant They Were Disfellowshipped. Shunned. Loosing All Family,Friends,And A Voice In The Congregation.

If A Jehovah’s Witness Questioned The Dogmatic Doctrine Of No Organ Transplants They Were Accused Of “Running Ahead Of Jehovah’s Organization”. Apostasy!

Then New Light™ Comes From The Slave Class.

Jehovah’s People Can Now Receive Organ Transplants.

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses Died Including CHILDREN.

Did The Bible Say Not To Receive Life Saving Organ Transplants? Or Was It Just A Dogmatic Mandate?

Now I Will Go To Another Biggie Blood.

Not Whole Blood Just Fractions. Jehovah’s Witnesses Latest Medical Mandate Is No Blood.

Science Develops New Treatment For Hemophiliacs Using Blood Fractions.

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses Hemophiliacs And Parents Of Children Who Are Hemophiliacs Whose Doctors Have Told Them About This New Treatment Call Bethel.

The Watchtower Society™ Says No Blood Fractions.

Even Just A Part Of The Blood Is Still Blood. It Must Be Poured Out Onto The Ground.

Many Die. Many CHILDREN Die.

One Day The Slave Class™ Says They Have New Light™.

Jehovah’s Witnesses May Now Receive Blood Fractions.

Did The Bible Say Not To Receive Life Saving Blood Fractions? To Not Allow Your Children To Receive Life Saving Blood Fractions? Did These Men, Women, And CHILDREN, Die For Jehovah? Or Did They Die For The Watchtower™?

What Would Have Happened In Any Of These Medical Mandated Cases Had The Individual Jehovah’s Witness Said,” I Am Sorry But, I Must Save My Life That IS A Gift From God. I Believe The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society™ Is Wrong On This Point.”

The Consequence For Disobedience To The Watchtower Even For Nobel Causes Is Disfellowshipment.

The Loss Of Your World As You Know It. The Loss Of Your Family, Friends, And Support At The Kingdom Hall AND You Feel Are Made To Feel The Loss Of Your GOD.

You Feel And Are Made To Feel As If You Are Worse Then Dead.

Now Even Parents Allowed Their Children To Die (Be Killed) By Dogmatic Medical Mandate.

So Is This A High Control Group? You Answer This For Yourself.

Use YOUR God Given Conscience. It Is Yours. It Is A Gift. Nothing God Gives Is Broken No Matter What You Have Been Taught. You Do Not Need Any Man To Tell You What To Do On Any Righteous Matter.God Is Taking Care Of You.Listen To The Still Small Voice Of Our Heavenly Father’s Holy Spirit.

I Did Not Touch The Subject Of Whole Blood This Time,Because You Must Also Answer This For Yourself. But Look At The Record Of The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society™. They Have Been Deadly Wrong Too Many Times.

Do You Wish To Take The Blue Pill Or The Red?

http://www.whysanity.net/monos/matrix3.html

Many Blessings,
    Kitty Pride

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Oompa: "but the snake trick was to impress Pharaoh wasn't it?...not the Israelites?"

Actually, the snake trick was to impress both Pharoah and the Hebrews.

In Exodus 3:16-17, God tells Moses to tell the older men of Israel that God is going to deliver them from Egypt to a land flowing with milk and honey.

Then in Exodus 4:1 Moses is worried that they won't believe that God really appeared to him. So in verses 2-5, God gives Moses the power to turn a stick into a snake. Verse 5 shows that this was to convince the Israelites (In order that,” to quote him, “they may believe that Jehovah the God of their forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you.”)

Hey, thanks for lunch by the way. I'll pick up the check next time...

• yknot
    yknot

WT publications provided by our faithful JWD PDFers........(Big Freedom loving HUGS to yall)

Reading the period of 1914-1944........Rutherford, Woodworth and Freddie

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I already had my doubts and found JWD then reading CofC and doing personal research.

I no longer need religion or a god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit