Memorial Thread for "The 144,000 of JWD"

by cameo-d 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I appreciate all those who are still "in" and can give the latest info on what's going on with the WTS. I left almost 20 years ago now, and before I found this sight I was in the dark about current conditions. Thanks, especially, to the elders on this board that allow me to get the inside scoop.

• Farkel
    Farkel

steve2,

:Blondie is tops in my estimation. While I admire Barbara Anderson's scholarly expose and keen intelligence, it has been Blondie's calm, steady presence that has helped focus many discussions. I like Blondie's ability to back up her statements with relevant quotes and her thoughtful regard for others.

They are all winners in my book. Barb told me just a few days ago that she has posted more in here in the last two weeks than she has ever posted before. She is just to busy to be on a discussion board, and she is a researcher, not a debater. She's stealthy and works behind the scenes. She knows so much about WT history that no one alive knows, she scares even me. And I'm fearless!

Compared with Barb, Blondie/Leolaia/Mary, et. al. wins hands down by the sheer volume of great information they have shared here, but that does not detract from what Barb has done and will do. The stuff that she is working on is earth shattering by JW research standards. She and Jim Penton are going to be spending 5 weeks together collaborating on a fantastic project that Blondie, Leolaia, Mary and many of the other super achievers (I mean that as a compliment) would love to be involved with. But Barb has the ball in her hands. She's done all the hard work, and that hard work has taken over 10 years to get what she needed to get.

When it comes to kudus, don't ever put that lady in the back row or even the second row. I know. Barb shared with me the child abuse information almost a YEAR before Dateline aired. She is the one that had the key information and she is the one that broke the story. Bill Bowen came later, not sooner. THAT was Barb's scoop.

Barb's only flaw is that she sorta likes some of my drivel, but I'm working on correcting that minor character defect she is saddled with.

If I stated anything incorrectly, I'm positive Barb will correct me. I hate that part! Being around her, I feel like I'm in 3rd grade all over again!

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

cameo-d,

:Who were some of the posters who brought "Breaking News"....like the Watchtower-UN scandal?

Uzzah, Hawkaw, Cyberguy, and some guy with a gap in his teeth and big ears, to name just a very few.

It's a group effort. The group is the hero, and the individuals are just a part of the group. Individually, they aren't much. Together? They are formidable!

Farkel

• justhuman
    justhuman

Mr Flipper for his music threads, and specially for being one of the most Beatle fanatic fun I ever knew(next to me!!!)

Blondie for the best WT Comments I ever listened. I wish that all JW's could expierience those Comments

Tom Cabeen for the excellent Theological support of the Christian faith

BurnTheShips for having a strong point of view in many subjects

JC Canon for the eschatological theads

Farkel for being so cynic(from the Greek word cynicos)

• abbagail
    abbagail

"This "Memorial Thread" gives me the creeps. We aren't dead yet..."

Awww Min, no formaldehyde for you yet, buddy.

The "Memorial" is for JWD as an active-soon-to-be-inactive-but-well-preserved forum, is what I think it means.

• abbagail
    abbagail

"Who were some of the posters who brought "Breaking News"....like the Watchtower-UN scandal?"

Somebody help me on this.. wasn't it Harold (girlfriend Gwen I think?) Wasn't he one of the first to either find or post the UN info?

I met them both at the SL March in NY 9/27/02.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit