Doctrinal ramifications of large increase in 2008 memorial partakers?

by yadda yadda 2 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I think this statistic is important to a lot of older JW's who remember the days before the 1995 generation change. The number of memorial partakers was always considered a measure of the nearness of Armageddon.

I expect a change of doctrine, with 144,000 becoming a figurative number.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    JW's scratching their heads over this and asking questions?

The problem is the way I see it the majority of JWS don't ask questions and put the information under scrutiny, their cognitive analysis gets muted

down so much by the hierarchy they just eat what ever gets fed in front of them. I see it more as one marketing strategy tripping over another that was designed

of course to gravitate and hold people to be further manipulated.

I wonder if anyone has the balls to write a letter to them asking why was it written in their latest article that the number of anointed has deceased when it has not ?

Should make for an interesting reply !

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The marketing geniuses that run this organization know exactly when to change a doctrine they aren't stupid , they're corrupt and devious for their own

purpose and this is the game they play.

You might consider each GB member as a top executive manager of marketing for Watchtower Publishing, thats their sole position and their job

and seeing what kind of privileges and perks these guys get you can assume they want to hold on to those jobs.

Through their actions they have created both a money source and a power source.

• watson
    watson

Wow, that was quite a glowing piece about the FDS and GB. Who is it that is responsible for writing it?

• Farkel
    Farkel

This sentence from the 5/1/2007 WitchPower caught my attention:

:However, in 1966 an adjusted understanding of that parable was presented, and it became clear that it had nothing to do with the end of the calling of the anointed.

The ENTIRE EXPLANATION of that parable had NOTHING TO DO with what the WTS said it was about and that is called an "adjusted" understanding? That thinking gives euphemisms a bad name.

Normal people (as opposed to abnormal WT leaders) use the word "adjustment" to describe some minor tweaking. WT leaders use the word "adjustment" to describe the complete trashing of an entire idiotic doctrine and replacment of it with a newer idiotic doctrine.

Just think what it would be like if everyone used that kind of thinking in the real world:

A guy is in an automobile accident, and he is brought into the hospital with a bleeding leg. A few hours later he comes to and asks the doctor about how his leg is doing.

The doctor says, "we made an adjustment to your leg, sir."

"What kind of an adjustment?"

"We cut it off."

A guy's car is making a funny noise so he takes it into the shop for repair. A few days later he gets a call saying it is ready to go.

"What was wrong with it?"

"We had to make an adjustment to the engine."

"What kind of adjustment."

"We ripped it out and put in a new one."

A bunch of soldiers are sent to a town to hunt down the enemy. When they return, their commanding officer asked how it went.

"We needed to make an adjustment in the town to accomplish our goals."

"What did you do?"

"We burned it to the ground."

I wonder if dubbies can see the idiocy and arrogance in their leadership when they read crap like that found in the 5/1/2007 WitchPower.

Farkel

• Mary
    Mary
    watson said: Wow, that was quite a glowing piece about the FDS and GB. Who is it that is responsible for writing it?

Why------Jehovah of course!! I was going to scan the entire article but it was so frigging nauseating, I didn't want anyone to hurl their cookies.

BTW Farkel, your observations about their definition of "adjustments" was spot on.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Very interesting comments. I think if the increases continue at this kind of rate over the next few years, the Society will definitely make more doctrinal changes. For most JW's, a decrease over the years of the anointed is a key marker of the advance of time towards the end of this system. The Society pointed to the decreasing number of the remnant as a key marker that we are in the 'last days' about 12 years ago in an article that discussed how we know we are in the last days.

Those who think the Society will just sit on their hands and do nothing if this trend continues miss the obvious point that in 2007 the Society did indeed announce new light (that 1935 wasn't the 'close-off' date), evidently because of the previous two years chunky increases in partakers. So the Society does react and make 'adjustments' as the statisticsand the march of time demand. This pattern will undoubtedly continue if we get more large increases of partakers, but it won't be for some time.

I think its naive to think JW's just wont notice this. Most in the western world, especially Europe, will definitely notice this strange trend and wonder what on earth is going on. The Society will come under increasing pressure to 'explain' this somehow.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I see the JWS as a sail boat that's striving to a destination but to do so they have to occasionally tact on to a different wind to get there.

The destination of course is power and money, its an ever present concern to keep selling the illusion that this organization belongs to God.

• dozy
    dozy

*** yb93p.253OrganizingforFurtherExpansion***

“For many years now

, the number of the remnant of anointed Witnesses has been decreasing.”

WT 2009

“The number of anointed ones on the earth has decreased over the decades.”

Notice the change in wording. Actually , even the new formulation is in error as over the last 3 decades the number of anointed has actually increased , with the figure now the highest since 1977.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

I personally doubt the validity of the figures reported by the WTS in the first place. In my opinion, if the Society is printing an increase in the number of memorial partakers it's because they want the rank and file to believe there is an increase. Whether or not there has been an actual increase in the number of partakers is of no consequence.

My take..... Despite the fact that WT leaders continue to proclaim the imminent end of the world, they don't really believe it's coming. These men are business men, and they have a business to run. Decreasing figures are more problematic for the Watchtower Society in the long run than increasing figures. If the number of partakers was to continue decreasing, as it should have according to established Watchtower doctrine, it would eventually reach zero. What then? What happens when there are no more "anointed" and the end still hasn't come? Not to mention, who runs the WTS when the FDS class is gone.

The WTS needed an out from their 1935 cutoff date, and the published increase of partakers has provided that. The 1935 date could have become as embarrassing as the 1914 date, given the fact that those who were teenagers in 1935 are about 90 years old today.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit