The Racist Roots of Georgia's Gun Laws

by Bendrr 58 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Right. They use terror tactics to gain whatever they fuckin' want. Killing random "civilians" to let the 'hood know they're their. Extortion, murder, etc. to remain in control. I'm no fan of the patriot act, but they fit the bill. Try them under it. And, whether they be Crips, Bloods, Skinheads, Norteno's, surrenos, etc. they're no brothers of mine. I disowned those fuckers long ago.

• Farkel
    Farkel

snowbird,

You said:

:I see His Eminence Farkel has gone completely off the deep end, so I will apologize to Bendrr for veering off course and conclude by stating that there's so much in the history of the USA that is less than savory.

It is a fact that there is so much in the history of the USA that is less than savory. I'm quite familiar with the history of the USA. You have taken a specific argument (Lincoln) and turned it into a broad and sweeping generalization, and don't think I didn't notice that. I am more than willing to debate the character and actions of Lincoln with you, without your red herrings.

Now explain fully how I have "gone completely off the deep end", and please be specific about what "deep end" means and how I have gone off of it, you judgmental twit.

Farkel

• snowbird
    snowbird

Farkel

Now explain fully how I have "gone completely off the deep end", and please be specific about what "deep end" means and how I have gone off of it, you judgmental twit.

Farkel

I'm happy to explain, you overweening dilettante. First of all, you deleted your post 8150 which was in reply to my post below. You called my post something like thinly veiled racism, I believe.

Farkel, I am speaking from a Black perspective, and of course, you and I won't see eye to eye on this issue.

I suggest that you read Forced Into Glory - Abraham's Lincoln White Dream by Lerone Bennett Jr.

If you do, you will see that the descriptive adjectives that I used (cunning, wily, manipulative) reflect my more charitable spirit.

Sylvia

Next, you went into a frenzy - inferring that I, as a Black person, should be grateful to Lincoln for making an attempt to free my ancestors. What do you want me to do, bow down to him in holy adornment? Then, you accused Lerone Bennett, Jr. of being racist, revisionist, and questioned his scholarly qualifications. All of that from reading one review of his book! If that's not going off the deep end, then I don't want to see the shallow. I stand by my assertion that there is so much in the history of the USA that is unsavory, Abraham Lincoln included. There's nothing to debate about that. The man's character was seriously flawed. What I was taught in school and college about him simply does not match up to the reality. Not that I'm surprised or dismayed. After all, who wrote the history books? Exactly. Now, did you say something about someone being revisionist? Sylvia

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sylvia,

You stated:

:ancestors. What do you want me to do, bow down to him in holy adornment?

You really cannot do that, Sylvia. Mr. Lincoln was killed by a Southern White racist because he gambled his whole Presidency, and it turned out, his very own life, on fighting the Civil War which really had a whole bunch to do with freeing enslaved people, so people like you could be born and trash him without being tossed into prison. Since he is now dead, I don't think it matters much to him. So why don't you just go on vilifying him? You are free to do so. If it wasn't for him, you would be hung by your neck for speaking as you are now speaking. And why don't you just go on ignoring the immense benefits to you due to the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to the United States Constitution that were never possible until Abraham Lincoln became the United States President? Or have you even read them and do you know them by heart? You should.

You are free to be angry and spread your anger, Sylvia, because Abraham Lincoln (flawed as he was: aren't we all?) was the one and only man who had to deal with an agonize over the fact that 500,000 men, almost ALL of them were WHITE, were being sacrificed to free slaves whose descendants can spread their anger or hate today without being lynched. How would you have liked to be saddled with that responsibility? Yet the result of it all allows people like you to freely spread your feelings about Mr. Lincoln, the man who made it possible for you to now speak as you wish about him, the man who was murdered in your behalf so you could be free to speak as you wish.

:Then, you accused Lerone Bennett, Jr. of being racist, revisionist, and questioned his scholarly qualifications. All of that from reading one review of his book! If that's not going off the deep end, then I don't want to see the shallow.

I read enough excerpts from his book to figure out he was a racist and a revisionist. Send me $100 for my time, and I will read his book and trash it paragraph by paragraph. Or better yet, put up some quotes from his book yourself that you think will stand some scrutiny by people who actually can think and who actually know history, and can also research history and let us debate it.

By the way, W.E.B. Du Bois was a bigger racist than Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpten and all the rap singers and gang members and drug dealers in every inner city you can name combined. You want to know about "black 'anger?'" Check the US prison system. 80% of all inmates are black, and they only represent 13% of the total US population? You want to know who gets more Federal Handouts(tm) than any other group? You want to know who commits more black-on-black crime and more black-on-white crime by sheer numbers than any other group? Hint: it ain't the white folks. It's the angry black folks. They hate each other and I don't even think they know why they hate each other. They hate just about everything and I don't even know why they do that.

You think you are angry against anyone not of your flavor? Well...Just read W.E.B. Du Bois, the founder of the N double A CP and you will get a genuine clue about what REAL racism is. He makes George Wallace look like the Virgin Mary.

Care to waltz with me? I'm pretty good at doing the Waltz. I mean the kind of waltz where we actually hold each other on a dance floor and smile at each other and forget about the crap that separates us. I promise you, my white stuff won't rub off on you and sully your beautiful bronze skin.

It's all bullshit, Sylvia. When you figure that out, we can go to dinner and have a grand old time and pick on the SERIOUS racist assholes. I'm talking about those goddamned Arab Muslims. Even Abraham Lincoln wouldn't have wasted his time doing crap to help those goddamned Arab Muslims.

Farkel

• snowbird
    snowbird
    And why don't you just go on ignoring the immense benefits to you due to the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to the United States Constitution that were never possible until Abraham Lincoln became the United States President? Or have you even read them and do you know them by heart? You should.

I have read the Constitution and all 27of its amendments again and again for the first time, thank you for asking.

You are free to be angry and spread your anger, Sylvia,

I am not angry; what happened, happened. My aim is to research the past and attempt to get at the whole truth as you did so well with the WT.

I read enough excerpts from his book to figure out he was a racist and a revisionist.

In other words, yours is simply a visceral, knee-jerk, how-dare-he reaction? This may or may not mean anything to you, but I'm disappointed in you, Farkel.

By the way, W.E.B. Du Bois was a bigger racist than Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpten and all the rap singers and gang members and drug dealers in every inner city you can name combined.

I have no use for W.E.B. DuBois and his special brand of elitism. The way he trashed Booker T. Washington after Washington's Atlanta Compromise Speech was a study in treachery.

You think you are angry against anyone not of your flavor? Well...Just read W.E.B. Du Bois, the founder of the N double A CP and you will get a genuine clue about what REAL racism is. He makes George Wallace look like the Virgin Mary.

I reiterate this statement because it is of grave importance: I AM NOT ANGRY; WHAT HAPPENED, HAPPENED!

They hate each other and I don't even think they know why they hate each other. They hate just about everything and I don't even know why they do that.

If you'd been fed a steady diet of hatred and fear since birth, perhaps you would understand.

Care to waltz with me? I'm pretty good at doing the Waltz. I mean the kind of waltz where we actually hold each other on a dance floor and smile at each other and forget about the crap that separates us. I promise you, my white stuff won't rub off on you and sully your beautiful bronze skin.

I never learned to waltz, but I can Two-Step and do a mean Cha-Cha/Electric Slide. Who knows what may happen in the future?

Sylvia

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

A gun ban would be probably the worst thing for the inner cities. Contrary to what you probably think, cops aren't these knights in blue shirts. Most, if not all cops I've met are, for lack of a better term, assholes. Cops have to be assholes because cops have to deal with the most depraved, sickest people in our society and they can't assume that everybody's nice. Sometimes, a police officer makes a mistake and oversteps his constitutional authority and puts a citizen who is at often times at a disatvantage because the average citizen isn't armed in danger when the cop makes that mistake. A citizen should have the right to defend themselves from the police, because even the police make mistakes.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

That's one positive we have living here in VT. We're allowed to carry a loaded concealed weapon without any firearm permits. We can even go shopping with guns strapped to out belts like the ol cowboy days, yet I never see anyone slinging a six shooter in Walmart. Inasmuch as that law may seem draconian to some, we don't have a gun problem. Must be a southern thing.

If guns become outlawed, only.................. you know the rest.

Dismembered

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You can wear a six-shooter at Wally Mart, you just need an enormous cowboy hat to go with it.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    By the way, W.E.B. Du Bois was a bigger racist than Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpten and all the rap singers and gang members and drug dealers in every inner city you can name combined. You want to know about "black 'anger?'"

Old thread, but I have been reading about this lately. It's a damned shame he generally won out over Booker T Washington in the heart and minds of so many black Americans. Du Bois approach was basically to fight evil with the same evil. Du Bois' (that commie) wanted to build it from the top. An elite. "Talented Tenth." The Left is always so enamored with elitism. However Booker T. Washington said,"build from the middle": work self-help and wealth. Bring up the people in general, and equality would follow economic success. He was right, in retrospect. But his way was harder to accept at the time.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit