The Racist Roots of Georgia's Gun Laws

by Bendrr 58 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

As usual, I'm with Hill on this.

I'd much rather see more open expressions about the way people really feel than a lot of lip service as to how they would like to be perceived.

Or, as my g'ma who lived to be 104 would put it, if you're a snake, don't pretend otherwise - let's hear some hissing!

Sylvia

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Disarm the Negroes!" is a headline that once was found in the now ultra-liberal and anti-gun Atlanta Journal & Constitution.

For Centuries in England, one of the trademarks of a free man was that he was allowed to carry and bear arm. Folks in the South carried that tradition and did not allow their slaves to have weapons. After the Civil War when blacks were freed, it was just too much for Southerners to bear, so they tried all sorts of illegal tricks to keep blacks disarmed.

Now, more than ever blacks, especially in inner cities need to arm themselves and arm themselves well. It is the only way they can protect themselves for the scum criminals who prey in their neighborhoods.

The KKK got away with what they got away with for so long because blacks could not be armed. When blacks did arm themselves, the KKK members fled at the first sight of a weapon drawn like the chickenshit cowards and bullies they all are.

Farkel

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wise in a wicked way to disarm a supposedly free people. This is so they could be subdued and terrorized, with the justice system and police forces often complicit in what was taking place, what else could a man do but to fight?

If I was a black man in the old days, there would have been a lot of dead people.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/poe/poe3.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_Race_Riot

Hissing snakes.

alt

BTS

• Farkel
    Farkel

burn,

:Wise in a wicked way to disarm a supposedly free people. This is so they could be subdued and terrorized, with the justice system and police forces often complicit in what was taking place, what else could a man do but to fight?

Needless to say for many of us, but unknown by many others, is that the party of Slavery and Racism is the Democratic Party. Lincoln freed the slaves and he was our first Republican President. While many Republicans of today are far different from Lincoln's day, it is still the Liberal Democrats who want to disarm whites and blacks and only let their own elite be armed. They also have a vested interest in keeping black folks uneducated, dependent, fearful and angry.

Today's Republicans are nothing to admire, either. They're all a bunch of dirt bags. Different bags, same dirt.

Farkel

• StAnn
    StAnn

Hillbilly, I didn't say racism doesn't exist here in the Midwest. I've just said it wasn't as blatant and it certainly wasn't socially acceptable and openly encouraged. It was openly encouraged when I lived in NC. I live two blocks from our high school and a young couple, white girl and AfAm boy, walk home from school everyday holding hands. I think it's sweet. Never heard anyone shouting anything at them.

And I will also tell you that, when I lived in NC, I took my (white) son to summer day camp and he tried to play with the AfAm children there and they refused to play with him. He was very hurt by it. So he ended up segregated, but not by his choice.

Farkel, Lincoln freed the slaves only in the states that were in rebellion. It was political expediency, that's all. As Abigail Adams reminded her husband, John, all men would be tyrants if they could be.

StAnn

• snowbird
    snowbird
    If I was a black man in the old days, there would have been a lot of dead people

There were.

I remember some of them.

May I add that a lot of skirmishes between Blacks and Whites went unrecorded, especially if Whites were on the losing end.

I would also like to add that there is a day of reckoning at hand.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I would also like to add that there is a day of reckoning at hand

God said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother?"

He said, "How should I know? Am I his babysitter?"

God said, "What have you done! The voice of your brother's blood is calling to me from the ground.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Texas' gun laws have a very similar background.

You may only posess a Hand Gun on your private property. The point being that when the law was written only whites owned property.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ezekiel 34:25 -27 "'I'll make a covenant of peace with them. I'll banish fierce animals from the country so the sheep can live safely in the wilderness and sleep in the forest. I'll make them and everything around my hill a blessing. I'll send down plenty of rain in season—showers of blessing! The trees in the orchards will bear fruit, the ground will produce, they'll feel content and safe ontheir land, and they'll realize that I am God when I break them out of their slavery and rescue them from their slave masters.

I know the above references the Jews, but it's a comfort to me nonetheless.

Sylvia

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Farkel, Lincoln freed the slaves only in the states that were in rebellion.

And which states that were not in rebellion legally had slaves after the Civil War?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit