*** Christmas Party thread...Everyone's Invited ***

by FlyingHighNow 272 Replies latest social entertainment

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

back at you snakes!!

You are always welcome to drive an hour and half, and come visit this crazy bunch!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

merry christmas y'all...

tomorrow (xmas) will be a time of peace and quiet for me.... the hazards and benefits of living alone..

me and the cat... (if I can figure out how to get the cat to sit still, maybe I will post a pic)

i wish I could have driven to see family.... 5 hours one direction ....10-12 hours the other.... just cant afford to go now...

Snakes ()

I'm probably five hours from you at least. Or you could visit JUlian and me. We have too much snow though. Big damn bummer. I've got Julian here, but I'm a little blue for adult companionship. So let's party, Crazy and Snakes. Wanna play pass the orange?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

fhn...

i am afraid to ask what the hell pass the orange is? I've lived a sheltered life.

cbb...

I am probably staying in tomorrow...reading mostly....working on a budget for next year (is my life dull or what?).... continuing to clean the house...its been neglected more than I like the last 16 weeks of school.....

I have a pile of music CDs I need to convert to mp3s so I can put them on my portable player...and another pile of miniDVDs from the last 2 years that I need to edit and put on larger DVDs.... thats what I need to be working on the next 3 weeks... I wanted to do some travel this month..but even with gas prices back down out of the stratosphere, I have some budget issues....lol ....

merry christmas....

Snakes ()

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Pass the orange is a silly party game where you pass an orange using only your neck, no hands.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    I have a pile of music CDs I need to convert to mp3s so I can put them on my portable player...

Well awright! Let's dance!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Pass the orange is only fun if you have a long line of people though. The more people playing, the more laughter, which is the whole point of the game.

• FlyingHighNow
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Okay, I've got it, let's do the Soul Train line dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9D7sXxlW8c

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

soul train? OMG...I remember that nonsense when I was a kid.... and that sooooooouuuullll traaaaain.... lol

Snakes (of the "why I am still up?" Sheep Class)

• wednesday
    wednesday

I wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Winter Solstice, -did i miss anyone?
    I walked out of the kingdom Hall in the late 90's and swore I'd never return- I'd reached my personal disgust level. It has taken so many more years to mentally leave JW's. I could not physically leave the area and was widely hated at the KH and have several Jw's neighbors. So life has not always been so easy. Then I found this board and reading all the stories has helped me so much. I have not been able to share much of my life story, mostly due to being fairly well known and disliked . I'll admit to being paranoid and not really trusting Xjws anymore than I trusted Jws.
    So to a degree Jws 's still have some hold on my life.
    But.......
    My husband put up his first tree 2 weeks ago. I had been putting up a tiny one for several years, but it was just not the same without him. I wanted him to share the holiday with me. So on his own he put up a tree. We decorated it and our cats have had a blast batting at the shinny balls on the tree. Our kids lives are in flux right now so we are more or less spending Christmas with our cats. I felt a little blue but remembered that Christmas is not about receiving- it's about giving.
    Next year I think we will put Christmas decorations outside and end this ordeal with Jw's. It will affect my husband the most. He still has some family. Most of my family is gone or does not speak to me anyhow. So what are we holding on for? I don't know - such is the power of a religion to keep a stranglehold on your life.
    Another thing we are doing is looking for a church. Due to the years with jws that is not going to be easy. We can smell hypocrisy a mile away.
    Best wishes to all as we all strive to live any kind of normal life we can.
    Merry Christmas to all. :)
    ps.
    what happened to the formatting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit