EXPOSING THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY ONLINE.

by Vinny 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vinny
    Vinny

For those that maybe missed this NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Xjw_sk7tA&feature=player_embedded

Vinny

• Vinny
    Vinny

Here is another good one to keep around. (I've been debating online last couple of days so want to post these things while I have the time and still remember). From: http://religions.pewforum.org/reports "Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religion. Only 37% those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as JW's." **** This means, according to the published report and survey that 2 out of 3 children raised as JW's will choose to LEAVE the religion and go in another direction. And if they were ever baptized as a JW they will then lose every JW relationship they had including being shunned by any JW family they no are longer living with. How many children do you know that can handle such harsh penalties, conditions and rejection as this? Many people call this emotional blackmail. It truly sickens them. And I can understand. Sure, we will love you and give you everything you need just be sure to go to the meetings and stay a Jehovah's Witness ... or Else!!! Yet despite such difficult consequences most STILL DO LEAVE!!! But why do so many young JW leave when Proverbs 22:6 says: "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it." Just some food for thought... Vinny

• Vinny
    Vinny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I78kkL2inVE&feature=player_embedded

This is a very good video I found from my JW Google alerts today that exposes the truth about what can happen (and often does happen) when young people get baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses.

No sensationalism, anger or bitterness here. This guy simply lays out the facts as they are in a calm and logical manner with the Watchtower's own literature.

Very well done and worth watching and sharing with anyone that might benefit.

All the best,

Vinny

• Essan
    Essan

Exposing the Watchtower online? Seems like the right place to leave this link :)

http://jehovahsjudgmentexposed.blogspot.com/

• cantleave
    cantleave

Vinny, Thank you so much for sharing your corresponence. This really reinforces my firm belief that there are many who are doubting or even wanting out but feel trapped.

It is the efforts of people like yourself, who make excellent use of the internet, that will weaken the stranglehold of the WTS.

• freydo
    freydo

"We got false predictions all over the place, medical disaster policies --forced on JW's-- at risk of shunning. We have pages of flip flops, blinking lights, wacky science, historical failures, arrogance, judging and loads of WT Society embarrassments and humiliations. God had nothing to do with all that nonsense that was called, "Food from God".

I've been wondering lately about some kind of common denominator that brings people of all sorts to this site. When you look at the above list and the personal disasters left in the wake, I really believe that what fuels everybody here more than just a support group to cry in each others beer, is to expose, as the title of the thread says, the evil deeds which amounts to a revenge, since no reconciliation is possible. And as has been said about the best revenge after a failed marriage - is "living well", rather than going to support groups the rest of your life. So exposing the evil deeds of mother, even though you're still hurting comes across to her as laughing, and getting over it. Speaking of mother ..........

A One Person Cult

"The June 1991 issue of Longevity magazine ran a brief testimony of a young man who was raised by a very religious mother, who told him from a very young age that the only way he could be proud of his life was if he never had sex and became a Catholic priest. Joshua Butler was isolated at school to keep him away from friends that might introduce him to the ways of the world. His mother prayed for five hours a day and made Joshua and his father recite the rosary on their knees nightly, even in front of guests. She banned all movies and TV from their lives when Joshua was eight. He says, "She was the founder and sole member of The League for Modesty in Dress, and forced my father and I to go to Mass every day."

By the age of nine, Joshua shared his struggle regarding his rigid lifestyle with his father. They devised a plan: "Every Saturday, when my mother allowed us to visit parks and planetariums, my father and I would instead go to movies and listen to popular music and for a while completely forget the life to which my mother subjected us." Joshua and his father managed to discover a coping device to maintain their sanity and sense of reality with the outside world. "Movies were my salvation. They showed me that life is a story, a fascinating and complex and meaningful story. And I understood that this applied to my life as well."

Joshua and his father confronted his mother with their unbelief in her religion when he was eleven. She separated from her husband, and later married a man 16 years her junior who shared her religious fervor. "Every once in a while she sends me a leaflet or a tape that suggests that I'm going to hell, and around the holidays she calls, but only to preach or to make small talk as if nothing has changed." Joshua (now 17) and his father were the victims of a cult of one person................."

http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/cults/coming-out-of-the-watchtower-why-is-it-so-difficult.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit