Should I Write to "Chicken of the Sea"?

by compound complex 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inkling
    inkling
    When you stated "up here ...," I thought you meant North Alabama.

ahh, ok. I understand now. I live in the northeast, as is not at all clear from my total lack of profile.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I like to put a dash of curry powder in my tuna salad. I also use a mixture of light mayo, light Miracle Whip, celery, sweet relish or finely chopped sweet pickles, a tad of chopped onion, and chopped hard boiled egg. I think that the curry really sets it off.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Howdy Sea Amigos,

Thanks for all the great replies; I'm about to open the second can [this will determine my next step].

BTW - it's not Starkist tuna.

CoCo Curry

• Satanus
    Satanus

Since it's so close to cat food anyway, why not simply go all the way and get the cat food. It already has the corn added to it. Eat it straight from the can and save a bundle;) Just make sure your cats are safely locked out of the room you're in, so they don't fight you for it.

S

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

They must label tuna differently in the US!

Here, you tend to know what quality to find in the tin cos its labelled 'steak' (most expensive), 'chunks' (nearly as good as steak but slightly cheaper) and 'flakes' (cat food quality - dirt cheap!) - most of the stuff on sale is dolphin friendly too

And we have ALDI stores - they're pretty good if you don't want to pay extra for a brand name product - they sell some very good wines too!

Back to your question CoCo, if the tuna isn't what you expected compared with the description on the can, do write to them and express your disappointment.

• calico
    calico

I put giardiniera (italian pickled vegetables) in my tuna! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks for your replies!

I went to the market last night and explained my dismay to the manager. She gave me a refund on both cans (tins [for my British friends]) - the opened and returned cans. I bought one can of Bumble Bee solid white albacore and will announce the grand opening.

Satanus:

Eat it straight from the can and save a bundle.

I bought a cheaper brand and "paid" for it. You get what you pay for ...

Sad emo:

They must label tuna differently in the US!

Back to your question CoCo, if the tuna isn't what you expected compared with the description on the can, do write to them and express your disappointment.

Here it's called 1) solid white and 2) chunk albacore. I bought the former, but it definitely was not solid.

I may still write COTS but was pleased that the store gave me a full refund. No questions asked though I had to get on my soapbox.

Calico:

I put giardiniera (italian pickled vegetables) in my tuna! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Another great idea! Con mucho gusto (as it were).

Thanks again for all your helpful and loving replies!

CoCo

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Coco, I hate tuna. It really does taste like catfood smells.

I suppose I am more of a "dog food" person.

Have you tried canned hash? It has a more manly robust flavor, kind of like Alpo. And you can always add onions, bell pepper, and hot sauce to anything and make it taste better, anything that is, except...... tuna.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Albacore is sooooooooooo different Cameo.

I used to make Albacore Enchiladas with green sauce that were delicious. Wish I could remember how

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I would not only write them but I would send the uneaten portion too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit