Should I Write to "Chicken of the Sea"?

by compound complex 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I buy Starkist Solid White Albacore Tuna in water. It is chunky and very good! Never have had a prob.....

You should write to them!! I love Sylvia's answer about getting Charlie to knock them upside their heads!!! LMAO!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

CoCo..Tuna has a higher than normal "mercury content" these days..My son stopped eating it all together........Eat enough tuna..And..You won`t remember what you ate..LOL!!..........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Emma
    Emma

You should write. They need to know you're unhappy with their product. I wrote a few years ago because of the same thing (not sure it was the same brand of tuna, but I think so.) I did get coupons for several free cans. They weren'a a lot better, but they were free.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

From The Onion:

Twenty Minutes Spent Making Tuna Fish Palatable

PERRY, NY—Local resident Gary Ingram, 28, spent more than a quarter of an hour transforming a wet, grayish pile of canned tuna fish into something he would actually put in his mouth, sources said Monday. "Gotta have some pickles in there," Ingram said after draining the flaccid, oil-soaked fish and adding mayonnaise, red onions, and various other condiments to help mask its actual flavor. "And you can't have a tuna sandwich without some chopped celery and a couple of shots from the ol' Tabasco bottle." Ingram reportedly would have needed an additional 55 minutes of preparation time to make the tuna fish into something he would feel comfortable serving to a group of friends.alt

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/twenty_minutes_spent_making

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

CoCo..Actually Emma is right..I bought a six pack of beer..When I got home I found "one" was broken and empty..I called the company..They gave me a free 6pak of beer..........Forget about writing.....Get the phone number and give them a call..You could end up with a lot more than 1 can of tuna...........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, everyone, for the helpful replies and great recipes!

OUTLAW:

I appreciate the warning. I know someone with mercury poisoning (from work, not tuna); it ain't pretty ...

Gratefully,

CoCo

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My lunch today consisted of a tin of tuna, a slice of whole grain bread, and a salad made of baby spinach, cremini mushrooms, red peppers, and grape tomatos.

If it wasn't for the tomatos I'd have choked on the tuna, it was so dry.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FinallyFree..Tuna is a dry meat..Try mixing in Mayonaise or better yet,your favorite salad dressing..Ranch Dressing goes very well with tuna........Just don`t eat too much tuna..Or..Your brain and other important organs will O/D on mercury..Brain Jump...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Try mixing in Mayonaise or better yet,your favorite salad dressing..Ranch Dressing goes very well with tuna..

I'd like to but my dietician would implode if I told her.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Try mixing in Mayonaise or better yet,your favorite salad dressing..Ranch Dressing goes very well with tuna..

I'd like to but my dietician would implode if I told her.

W

Try fat-free or low-fat sour cream with a splash of lemon juice.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit