What kind of difference has JWD made in your life?

by JimmyPage 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I feel fortunate that there is already a built-in online community I can go to where people can relate to having been a JW and where it's okay to express your true feelings about that. I'm thinking it must have been much more difficult a decade ago. So what kind of impact has this website had on your life?

• R.F.
    R.F.

It made me glad to know there were so many that I could relate to on the JW experience, and to get great advice on how to handle some things on the exit out of the religion. I've also made a few wonderful friends too from here.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

It has been a wonderful, terrific resource for me. I am so grateful to have discovered it . I read JWD daily to remind myself why I left and to reinforce my decision to stay out.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Now I have something to do, when I dont have anything to do.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JWD is a great resource for information..And..I`m much taller now.....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• asilentone
    asilentone

It does make a difference in my life, I have learned so many things about the organization.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Boy, where do I start.

I am not alone...the biggest difference. Met up with long time friends, made new ones, when I just didn't know what to do. The info presented by dear Blondie and others keeps me aware of what is going on inside the organization. That helps because I have so many connections still in.

I wish somehow we could have a big powwow. So many people I'd like to meet and have a drink with. Thank you all.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Well, it opened my eyes for one, even tho they were already halfway there. I found a way to vent and -reboot my JWfied brain.

• yknot
    yknot

1 y 3 m 16 d ago........

I was slowly drowning inside, but doing all I could to keep afloat. We are talking full-on JWism in appearance... meetings, FS, assisting with studies, assisting Elderettes writing talks (Thanks Skally, Possible-san for a set of my own outlines!) and organizing JW Homeschool activities.

I knew back in 2004 that we were headed for a full-fledge clampdown. I spoke to my BS conductor about my fears and of course was told to pitch myself into activity. I had long been a 'reformist' and faked FS like the best of them. Don't get me wrong I liked the preaching work, just not spreading WTS lies and venerations.

I stumbled on JWD by sheer accident and it has been a lifesaver and a blessing.

Resources, friendships, shared experiences, and encouragement.

I am not alone.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I feel for the first time in my life that I am not crazy. I remember being a little kid and reading things in that orange paradise book and thinking this doesn't seem right. Only from all of you folks do I see how weird it was growing up being told you will never make it to the next year or the constant threat of demon possession and persecution. I feel less crazy when I hear that you too were stressed by constant demands of meeting, field service and assemblies. I feel vindicated when I hear others express they had a difficult time making a living without a college education. I feel a sense of community that you too are sickened by false doctrines and child molestation being swept under the rug. It's made all the difference, my sanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit