What kind of difference has JWD made in your life?

by JimmyPage 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

What difference has JWD made to my life?

It made it a nightmare.

I came across an ex sister on here that needed help, so I got involved. Only she wasn’t just looking for answers to her troubled JW past she was also looking to find someone that would help her escape from her dead relationship with her partner.

I fell for it hook line and sinker. I fell in love with a player and boy did she play me. A year and a half later in order to save my own relationship and my sanity I had to leave London to get away from her. I had to change all my Email addresses, my phone numbers and removed any online profiles i had, so that she couldn't contact me. Because I was no longer living in London I could no longer care for my elderly grandmother, so she was put into a home where she died

As a result of getting involved with that sister, someone (either her or her pissed off bf) contacted my elders to tell them what a naughty boy i’d been since fading, which resulted in me being chased by elders from my old hall and me having to D.A before I was D.F’D

Had I not found JWD I’d still be living happily in London, I’d have all my old mates that I lost when I moved and my grandmother might still be alive. I’d have never had fallen in love with a player and never have had to have gone through the pain of losing her, over and over again.

If I could turn back time, I’d have never typed “Jehovah’s witnesses” into Google and found myself here.

• mavie
    mavie

Sounds like Devilsnok would take the blue pill and live in the Matrix. Give me red baby.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Sorry things turned out that way, Devilsnok. But I prefer red as well. It has helped me make peace with my inner feelings at long last. No more fear and guilt!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's great to vent with someone who understands. It has been a help for me to leave.

• oompa
    oompa

I once was lost....but now I'm found....

i needed a support group and accidently found it.........sometimes i need it more than others....but it has really made me feel less like a FREAK....we have so much in common.......oompa

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I was pretty much over the teachings of the org when i found this place, so theres no need for me to take blue pills.

I came here looking for people like myself - and got burnt lol

I was kinda guilty of putting witnesses on pedestals and looking down on the worldly people around me out here in the real world. Coming here taught me one thing, witnesses can be just as bad and in many ways worse than worldly people.

• Twitch
    Twitch

None whatsoever really. Though I enjoy reading people's experiences and debates, I've pretty much dealt with and have come to terms with my experience of being a dub. I left 22 yrs ago now and it would've been awesome to have had this type of thing for support and guidance back then, but I made my own way, for better or worse and I have no regrets. I can see how important this type of community/support forum is for people as they question/leave the org and am glad such boards exist. It is a life saver in many cases, I'm sure.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Well, I was crossing this formidable river anyway, but JWD was like a bridge, built by those that came this way before me, (trolls and all -- haha), that made the crossing over exponentially easier (and infinitely more entertaining!). Thanks to the laughter, learnings, and relative 'safety' here (a safety due in part to the way I chose, in advance, to utilize this place) there were times that it spared me from going under. It informed and inspired (and occasionally vexed) me in a non-invasive and undemanding way, by everyone's sharing of their own journey's perspectives and their tolerance for, or challenging of, my sharing too. It helped me walk where I might have otherwise been treading water and it left me free to go at my own pace, heeding my own rhythm. I feel it also enabled me to be a better support to my family and friends that left after me and it played a small role in keeping my balance regarding loved ones that are still in. It even brought one or two people unexpectedly close to my heart. Ultimately, JWD played a starring role in facilitating a fascinating and successful exodus. It has meant a lot to me and has been a great spot to 'camp out' a while. I'm ready to venture from it's shores now. Thank you.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I think it is a great place. It reminds me of an underground railroad in a way. This site and others have informed me of the vast mountain of information against the religion. I felt angry that I was duped for 20 years even though I had unsettling feelings and several rude awakenings. My issues were for the most part about how I was treated as opposed to doctrinal issues that many others have. I was horrified to see that there are so many similarities to other high-control or cult-like religions. They have too many similarities.

Finding out what I did has made the decision to not be part of this religion easier. If I had continued in the religion I would have to literally come and go by myself and work alone because I would not be saddled with all the users and dysfunctionals that are inflicted on single women.

I feel sorry for people decades ago who left the religion and had nobody to talk to about their experiences, unless they went to a therapist.

LHG

• cognac
    cognac

It was a huge relief to find that I was not the only one who felt the way I did. I thought I was a bit crazy for the feelings toward the org that I had...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit