A Sad, Sad, Sad Tale

by snowbird 70 Replies latest members private

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Snowbird, I think the above posters are on to something. It would be very helpful if her treatment team knew of her religious background and just what all it entails. It needs to be addressed that this poor soul is so fragile and what will be expected of her after discharge (meetings, field service, endless studying, assemblies not to mention her brute of a husband). These activities are all virtually impossible for a person dealing with mental health issues. Poor dear we will think a good thought for her.

• snowbird
    snowbird

A picture is worth a thousand words.

For you, dear Grace.

Daisy Duke
    alt
    Daisy Duke, played by Catherine Bach, wearing "Daisy Dukes".
    The Dukes of Hazzard

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

She is fragile, and such a sweetheart!

Sylvia

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Now I know what daisy dukes are. See I learn so much from all you my kids DAH!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm thrilled to be able to teach you something, Grace.

After all, you are the resident spiritual leader on here.

Your prayers are balm for the soul.

Sylvia

• calico
    calico
    If a woman is stupid enough to stay with an asshole like that i would say she gets all she deserves

You are stupid!

• golf2
    golf2

Without doubt, it is a sad story. Don't worry, time will see to it that he gets his just reward. What goes around, comes around.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If Celestine is in the psych ward of a regular hospital, contact the social workers' department to advise them she is in a cult. You could probably send info after the initial contact. If she's in a psychiatric hospital, just call and ask for her nurse or one of her team members. They should be more than willing to accept info as long as tou don't ask any questions that would violate HIPPA laws. Good luck!

• yknot
    yknot
    I don't know if she'll feel up to any anti-JW material.

Well there are other things that are associated with anti-JW mentality to encourage too.....

Like being a good friend and encouraging her to.......

* being herself

* valuing her own God-given talents.

* independent thinking

* Desiring a better life for herself then what she has had.

Accepting help from the professionals to get her balanced and whole again.

Accepting that HE is not a very good Christian husband even by JW standards.

Accepting she has been abused and did nothing to 'deserve' the treatment.... that is was not 'her fault'.

Accepting she has a wonderful opportunity to change things for the better.

Self development (and self-respect) can do more to battle the WT sometimes then any written commentary.

Association too can do much to combat the self mental regulating of the WTS indoctrination,

I agree I would drop a note to her therapist about both cultic tatics of the JWs and the abuse you have witnessed by her husband.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice.

I will try to reach her.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit