Did you ever really have true blue friends being a Witness?

by Cheetos 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jam
    jam

you can have many jw friends if you have something to offer..WE , my wife and I and kids (4) served where the need was great...The two places we served was ideal for a cheap vacation, fishing, camping,and a place to stay, our home..I thought these are friends we will have for life.. Over 11yrs. we served where the need was great.So the brothers and sisters from our old cong.would plan their vaction to stay with us. A neighbor once remark to me , are you running a motel..Friends would come and stay a week at a time. One bro. and wife came with thier four kids, drink all my beer and almost fish all the fish out of my pond...Over the years we had over 100 friends stay with us..Where are they now..I have since move back too the city of my old cong. That was the year of 1987 and over the years I have seen these people and not one has ever came up to me and ask how are you doing...Many came and never offer money for food....

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

My two best friends of all time are "worldly", acquired while still a practicing JW. Thinking of how horrible and ridiculous it would be for God to destroy them just because they are not witnesses was a factor in me breaking away, among other things.

Cynisister

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

As a matter of fact, I DO! He's my best friend. We lived around the corner from one another while my ex and I were living with my folks. He and his wife and kids went to the neighboring cong. We became fishing, drinking and yuckng it up buddies. Our 2 older sons became best friends, still are to some degree.

Anyways, over the last 30 plus years we have have enjoyed each other's company. He and his wife quit going about 15 years ago. Their duaghter had a debliitating illness that eventually caused her death, she was 25. During my divorce he was right there for me in spite of my errors. When I remarried, he was my Best Man. My new bride and I still share his and his wife's friendship. He knows it isn't the truth and we have a good time looking back at many of the goof balls we knew together in the borg.

We have them over for Christmas dinner and LOVE it. His son and mine are still friends although my son's wife tries to derail that. My older son is still blinded by the truth or perhaps he's there vecause of his wife's extended family, ???? Anyways, YES, I DO have a GREAT friend even after the lies of the wtbts.

NMG

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I had two or three that I would class as good friends.
    One in particular was very supportive during a difficult time in the early-1980s, when my wife's health collapsed, my children were pre-schoolers, and most in the congregation were happy to kick me while I was down.
    He was also supportive when my father died suddenly (by then I had been disfellowshipped).
    Together with one other person, he has kept in contact over the 28 years I have known him, and the 14 years since I broke with the JWs.

Jack.

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

never had friends! i guess they like rich kids. or expected more from me. jdaubs are thefriendliest lot in the world? NEVER! they have conditional love. some might have friends, but not me! only accquintences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit