Did you ever really have true blue friends being a Witness?

by Cheetos 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I am going to say I think we "could" have been true blue. But being a JW is a huge stress-or on a friendship. When I was younger your friend may judge what you do for a living or who you married by all these strict JW standards. Then you have children of your own and you judge each other about if the little one will play sports or sing in the winter concert or who is an unbaptised publisher first. It's just a lot of pressure on any relationship. I notice there is not that same critical eye with my new non JW friends. Then there is that huge fly in the ointment that says "I am never going to speak to you again if we are not the same religion"

• JW Walking Away
    JW Walking Away

Here's the thing. I had friends and I considered them true friends but I always carried around with me the fact that if I were to leave the org. that they would turn from me in a heart beat,

Come to think of it, I don't know why I considered them friends. They were never there for us in times of need or any other time for that matter.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I met a woman when I was dating a man in Idaho. Her husband was my BF's friend. That was 20 years ago. She was a pioneer at the time, the men were servants.

We made it thru me being DF'd, my getting married to someone else, kids, moving across the country, her marital troubles, her daughter leaving for college, all of it, and now we are both faders. She is a true friend and I love her very much.

momz

• oompa
    oompa

because i have been open and honest with my jw friends as i have awakened.....the blue ones are still there and still care....the friends i thought i had, but pm;uheard and spread the gossip about me now shun me....tell as many as you can what you really feel or believe.........oompa

• Honesty
    Honesty

I sure did and they are still true blue friends.

None of them have ever seen the inside of a kingdom hall or had a 'Bible' Study with JW's.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Yes!!! My best friend when I was a teen is back in my life after 12 years. We were both raised JW and we both have left in our own way. I have other friends who were JW's in the same hall as I grew up in who are still in my life and are closer than most family to me. I'm one of the lucky one who's friends left and we either kept in contact or got back into contact years later with people I loved as friends back in my Dub days. It's funny because I didn't have many friends when I was a dub. The ones I did have I've been lucky enough to keep in my life.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sure I had friends of course that I chummed around with, how true blue they were is a point of debate, for most part they were, but

remember it was more or less a forced relationship so we didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Since it we were frowned on to develop relationships with people that weren't JWS, well you know the rest of the story .

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Absolutely not. Years before I began questioning doctrine, I realized that the whole "brotherhood" line was a bunch of garbage.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I remember a few girls that were very, very nice to me if you know what I mean

Do they count ?

• RR
    RR

I had a handful of friends, but all abandoned me after I left!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit