Did you ever really have true blue friends being a Witness?

by Cheetos 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• calico
    calico

Yes, one!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I definitely did. I would say more, but I suspect spies are here, and don't want to get her in trouble.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I had one good friend but he would ignore me if he knew I was out. He has since passed away.

Growing up in my old congregation, I had plenty of peers my own age but none of them wanted to know me. Instead, they would ignore me at the Kingdom Hall and never include me in their social life. This went on for years.

When I moved to my next (and last) congregation, I discovered instant friends. We would get together, play sports etc, but there was never a personal relationship with any of them. It felt like a group exercise.

I did have a couple of friends who I hung out with, but again, if they were to know my stand they would drop me very quickly.

Then there are the Kingdom Hall buddies - people you only see at the hall who are pleasant enough.

There are the Kingdom Hall social butterflies who have an attention span of a gnat and buzz around from person to person, never really listening to what they have to say and always looking for the next dub.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I thought I had many, our house was always filled with them, Belba might remember some of the "get togethers" we had cos he came to two of them with Harvey....( MS)See I hosted them often to get my three daughters & son in the "net" ....well it worked to a degree, 3 daughters got hooked ,but my son escaped... NONE speak to me now except one that I conned into being a JW when she was 18, ( now 61) who came free on the Charles Stanley watching on T.V
    Out of the 3 daughters one is dead, one is still a JW, one is FREE from bondage, my son died also, I didnt hear from not ONE of those "dear" friends? that used to call me" MUM"when any of my kids died, And they all knew..... I even heard back from someone that they said "THATS what happens if you leave the truth"

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Momz I knew a lot of people who were Witness's in Idaho from St. Anthony South into Ogden and Salt Lake City area, I found the clicks were everywhere, you nneeded credit check just to get in one. I remember when the St. Anthony conngergation was disolved because in early 70's the Singleton's and the Angel familys ruled over everyone.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I knew a gal named Vicky from St. Anthony Idaho, I wonder what ever happend to her, she could swim like a fish out there in those ditchs.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My best friend from jw childhood is still my best friend today... My mom brought her mom into the borg when we were both 6 years old. We are 2 weeks apart in age. We are now 56... She left the borg long before I did...but we remained best friends through it all. I was an only child, and she is the sister I never had

My boyfriend and I "dated" as jws kids... He left in the 80s...I left in the 90s.. and now...life is good.

Coffee

• Twitch
    Twitch

I had frenz as a dub that were/are no different than frenz I've had since. Some good, some bad. Hard to judge,...

• oompa
    oompa

I am grateful for my old handful of true blue friends...cause i am not doing real well at making new ones....i think true blue requires many many years to confirm....however i am making new friends on jwd...and local ones like burgertime, bonnzo (old friend) and redredrose (another old friend who figured out who i was like bonnzo)...and several others here that i am pretty sure a real friendship will develop...like Olins Ghost.....we often start friendships with people similar to us...so where else but jwd and the like?.........oompa

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

When I was active, Most of my childhood friends were overwhelmed with jealousy at my career success.

Now I would say the only ones who still consider me friends will ignore me once they find out my stance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit