Cigars N Scotch or Bourbon?

by feelinsketchy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

HI all, it's been a long, long time since I have posted. Maybe its because I stopped giving a crap about this religion. At the same time, I meditate on how 5 generations of my family have suffered believing the lies perpetrated by it. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that this truth which is supposed to "set you free" in reality enslaves so many into fearing that they will die at armageddon at a date that is ever postponed. Or worse, fearing that they will lose their families and friends today should they disagree with it. It's hard to believe that seven million people won't clink glasses at a wedding because they fear being labeled as "weak" or apostate. It says alot about the intellectual state of being among mankind in the 21st century.

I apologize for the ramble, but will soon connect the dots. While I sit here and read the thoughts of all you fine people, I'm enjoying a 10 yr old bourbon and a Macanudo. I fully realize that indulging in the simple pleasure of a cigar could land me in the hot seat. While I'm sure that there are elders out there that are stealing money from old ladies or stealing the innocence of children, I would be DF'd for enjoying a cigar which by the way needs to be relit because I'm typing this instead of inhaling its fine aroma. Again, I digress. The question that prompted this post is, would you rather drink bourbon or scotch with your cigar? Any takers?

PS, I may not respond as I will either be pouring or lighting. I will however delight in any replies.

FS

• shamus100
    shamus100

Definetley scotch.

Oh, and the religion is actually considered a cult by todays standards. Upped from a high-control group.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A thread about Cigars and Scotch deserve`s a reply!..LOL!!...............A good Cuban Cigar and 18year old Highland Park Scotch................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Irish whiskey, aged, or scotch. Then Canadian whiskey, which was on the menu tonight.

S4

• Dagney
    Dagney

Scotch for me, preferably, a single malt.

A good brandy is #2 for me.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

That's a big Amen to what you said. It tiss the season for drinking or Doobies and yes Cigars are nice I like Backwoods cigars myself.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't like to smoke a cigar....

....I do like to sit next to someone who is smoking a nice one.

My preference is for the bourbon, but I have had savoured some very nice Scotch.

In the end, it boils down to who you are with.

Whatever you are having... raise your glass and I shall pretend to clink it with my bourbon.

Cheers FS

Chris

• delilah
    delilah

I don't smoke, but a wee dram of good Scotch will do just fine, thank-you...Laphroig, or Glennfiddich, Glenmorangie, etc, .....

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Cigars and scotch or cigars and cognac. I tried cigars and bourban once, wasn't a good match (knob creek with confession:)

Here is a killer thread on various cigars and pairings:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/135182/1.ashx

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Of course this has made me nostagic. I only smoke during the spring and summer (golf course and on the patio) dont smoke in the house.

I guess I need to pay a visit to a cigar room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit