Could a congregationcelebrate christmas?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

HELL NO! (for emphasis!)

• LDH
    LDH

Congregations not located in this country most certainly celebrate Christmas.

To wit, I vacationed to Mexico many times with my family, even as an adult.

When I was 24, we went again....

Imagine my surprise to see the family making Christmas paper chains and coloring Christmas stories, all while talking about the Christmas feast. My eyes looked like this. I was in a state of shock...so much for JWs doing the same the whole world over! My dad said that 'allowances' were made for them because of cultural differences.

Now they did not have a Christmas tree, but neither do most families in Mexico. As far as I'm concerned, they were celebrating Christmas.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    You could celebrate it for them, by decorating the trees in front of the KH with ornaments. That would be a nice way to spread the cheer and get them started.

If you did that, there is an excellent chance that they will immediately take them down. Which could be a nice embarrassment if people ask them why they are taking the Christmas decorations down before the holiday.

• badboy
    badboy

interesting

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    You could celebrate it for them, by decorating the trees in front of the KH with ornaments. That would be anice way to spread the cheer and get them started.

LOL.....did that after they df'd me, many..many years ago. It was great fun!! They even called the cops for "vandalizing". The cops just laughed at them.

...OH THE GOOD TIMES!!

• jaguarbass
  • loosie
    loosie

WOW could they really say it was vandalism. I thought vandalism was destruction of property not beautification of it.

• LDH
    LDH

Note the gifts on the tables.

• watson
    watson

Well, Badboy, I certainly don't see why not!!

• Gram
    Gram

Jaguar,

This photo is a classic and should be shared with others!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit