Jehovah's Witness British Branch - All Time Peak!

by slimboyfat 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

According to the December 2008 Kingdom Ministry Jehovah's Witnesses reached an all time peak number of publishers and pioneers in August 2008.

Onwards and upwards...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

SBF,

Having served as Secretary, the August report isn't an accurate "peak". Since it is the last month of the service year, the stink-cretary will finally get every missing report for the previous months. So, some publishers get reported twice... maybe three times. A congregation with 2 pioneers and 60 publishers may report 3 pioneers and 65 publishers, since the missing reports from the vacation months of June and July will finally be tracked down.

Or perhaps the British branch has begun counting infants and dead people as publishers. I think that's what they're doing in North America to keep the numbers up.

B the X

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I really hope that their ALL-TIME peak (past, present, future) was reaced in August of 2008.
    I really hope so.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Isn't "all time peak" tortology. I guess the "all time" is thrown in to make the word peak seem just that much more impressive.

Gone are the days when a yearly peak of 5% was expected, now any year that does not have negative growth is advertised with such fanfare.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

FFFFFFF A K K EEEEEEEE
    F A A K K E
    F A A K K E
    FFFFFF AAAAA K EEEEEEE
    F A A K K E
    F A A K K E
    F A A K K EEEEEEEE

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Having served as Secretary, the August report isn't an accurate "peak". Since it is the last month of the service year, the stink-cretary will finally get every missing report for the previous months. So, some publishers get reported twice... maybe three times. A congregation with 2 pioneers and 60 publishers may report 3 pioneers and 65 publishers, since the missing reports from the vacation months of June and July will finally be tracked down.

Well that may be but it does compare like with like over the years.

Or perhaps the British branch has begun counting infants and dead people as publishers. I think that's what they're doing in North America to keep the numbers up.

Or perhaps Witnesses are still increasing slightly.

Isn't "all time peak" tortology. I guess the "all time" is thrown in to make the word peak seem just that much more impressive.

I think you can have a peak for the year, or some other time frame, as well as an all time peak.

Gone are the days when a yearly peak of 5% was expected, now any year that does not have negative growth is advertised with such fanfare.

This is true. But you could also say that even if Jehovah's Witnesses only manage not to decrease then they are doing better than most Christian churches in the West that have been declining for decades.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

No big deal. This coincided with an all-time population peak. JW increase is only marginally ahead of population growth.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

SBF - are you hoping for an increase?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Well, I can honestly say it wasn't anything I contributed toward!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I wonder how much of this increase comes from immigrants?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit