Goodbye to JWD ... hello to JWN !

by Simon 179 Replies latest forum announcements

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Wonderful news! Thanks Simon.

And I love this part. Even though I'm using my daughter's PC at the moment!

Finally, Mac users will be able to use a proper HTML editor to post, LOL

HappyDad

• besty
    besty

RSS for individual posters pretty please.

• Simon
    Simon
    RSS for individual posters pretty please.

I'll put that on the list. The idea is that you'll be able to subscribe (via RSS) to pretty much any 'view' that you see whether it's topics in a particular subject, or as you suggest, topics by a particular poster. I'll also look at doing it based on search results so you can pretty much filter things that you are interested in.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    including the posting which will have a WYSIWYG editor that works across them all.

If there is a god, he surely smiles upon you for including this. I'll finally be able to remove that stupid IEtabs extension in Firefox!

• Mandette
    Mandette

Hot Diggity!!! thanks Simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mandette

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

oh Simon and Angie, can I tell you how much I love you?????

love Orangefatcat

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am soooooooo pleased. I wondered what your were doing behind the scenes. I am thankful to see this forum continue as son of JWD....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Looks great!

Will we be able to use animated .gifs as our avatars? Or would that slow things down too much?

W

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, wow, wow!! I am VERY happy with the results. And I'm surprised that www.jehovahs-witness.net was still available as a domain...I guess the WTS doesn't really care too much about snatching up domains.

I have one small suggestion about presentation. Currently the identicons appear in between the post itself and the information about the poster. I think it would be better to have them within the information about the poster (such as at the end), rather than be a column unto themselves. This is because width is limited by screen size, whereas length is unlimited. The column space currently taken up by the identicons would better be used by the posts themselves, especially those that might contain graphics or long urls.

I think we should still call the new forum JWD -- after all, the old one was not called JWC. It is still "Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum".

Here is one other suggestion -- I would very much like it if a more complete series of UNICODE fonts can be used. The forum would never allow the use of macrons, so I had to use different diacritics, and Greek symbols would never appear well here either. There are some symbols for transliterating Hebrew (such as h with a dot underneath to distinguish heth from he, and same thing goes for distinguishing teth from taw).

Finally, will the new forum have a short lease on life (if you are still planning on retiring from forum management), or will the forum eventually migrate to a new server and have new management?

• still_in74
    still_in74

awesome! Thanks for all your tireless efforts!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit