Goodbye to JWD ... hello to JWN !

by Simon 179 Replies latest forum announcements

• oompa
    oompa

Simon....why are you changing the name to .net?....why not just change the content and leave it .com?........oompa

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Fantastic!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    why are you changing the name to .net?....why not just change the content and leave it .com?........

Good question, wouldn't the google rating need to be reestablished for a new site name??

• besty
    besty

thanks Simon

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Simonsez,

Basically, they are like the IP Hashes on this site and allow you to visually see:

If several posters are posting from the same IP Address (typical troll behavior with multiple accounts)

or

If the same person is posting with a different IP Address each time (which could mean they are going through anonymising proxies)

Because they are visual, they are quicker to see and recognise than the text strings. Also, it helps recognise who is speaking in a topic (for those without profile images)

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identicon

Very cool.

Great work, Simon! I'm glad the site is continuing, or all my thousands of links to it would be dead. :-))

Randy

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I am glad that this site is carrying on in some form.

Is there going to be new things for the site, as so far it basically looks the same as this one?

Paul

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Simon....GOOD JOB! I believe that this will keep the continuity of current posters and at the same time be a refreshment for any new folks who we all know are in depserate need of this site.

NMG

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow!..This is great news!............Simon..Are we going to have our Active Topic`s page?..That`s one thing that makes this site so user friendly......"Son of JWD"..???..How about "Spawn of JWD"..LOL!!........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Casper
    Casper

Wow,

Great Job, Simon... so glad to see the forum continue. :)

Cas

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.."Active Topic`s"................BravoBravoBravo.......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit